Are my new struts leaking? *Pics inside*

I bought 4 new OEM Toyota struts last December for my 2000 Camry which have about 1500 miles on them so far. The rear struts are made by KYB while the fronts were made by Sachs for Toyota. Today while I had the front wheels off, I noticed weeping of oil from under the struts body clamp. Could it be that my struts were bad out of the box? I’ve never had new struts or shocks leak… Any input is appreciated.

IMG_5888.jpeg

IMG_5889.jpeg

I bought some upper line Monroe shocks for my silverado, had 1 with some very minor weepage.When I did some research online it seems like a tiny amount of seepage is OK.That weepage could possibly clear up as shock gets some breakin miles.

I bought some upper line Monroe shocks for my silverado, had 1 with some very minor weepage.When I did some research online it seems like a tiny amount of seepage is OK.That weepage could possibly clear up as shock gets some breakin miles.
I hope mine are the same and these are just from break in. The rears are dry but then again they’re a different brand than the fronts even though they’re both Toyota

I had no idea this could be normal. It's crazy how much some of you guys know!

But to be fair, when I joined this site, I had no idea transmission fluid was a things so...

I had no idea this could be normal. It's crazy how much some of you guys know!

But to be fair, when I joined this site, I had no idea transmission fluid was a things so...
Hey don’t feel so bad.. I’ve been into cars all of my life and find that some brands and car manufacturers have different tolerances for things lol

Back