Realtors in Florida

After living in Florida since 06, well water is leaps and bounds better than tap. I have seen the brown crap from some but not from ANY properly drilled ones. And to think you tap is free from what worries you from a well is just nonsense. Been there, done that.

I have found that most Fl realtors are from places like NY and are looking for the quick buck no matter what it takes as far as integrity!

After living in Florida since 06, well water is leaps and bounds better than tap. I have seen the brown crap from some but not from ANY properly drilled ones. And to think you tap is free from what worries you from a well is just nonsense. Been there, done that.

Last edited:

Not a realtor issue but builder greed. Seen some $900k houses with no washer or dryer.
That doesn't bother me.
But in the laundry room no cabinets or shelves as they are optional. I can see that in a starter house but not a luxury house.

The new trick because of cheap rentals. Realtors are speaking out about rentals....
Just keep it real...show the house and let the chips fall where they may fall. It comes off as dishonest.

Many here talk of self insuring in the Florida coastal areas.
It might be wise not to own an EV or atleast park it out on the street.

That could ruin your self insuring attempts.

Arrogance can kill the interest.
I found a house that I liked and was looking into the builder and was unfamiliar with the lady agent.
In the description she gives the wrong builder name and in YT I told her I liked the house but beware the wrong builders name was given.
No big deal but then being a fool she denies it and wants to argue ..
I was very polite mentioning the fact unlike many ignorant YT commenters but she was a jerk... 😔 😟

Just looking online I stumbled upon this- new and $365k in Citrus Springs Fl.
It ain't bad and I don't want to come off as a jerk but just from the online photos within 5 minutes I came upon these tidbits.
Trust me there are many more and these are in plain view and some just got me thinking why????
And no this house has not been reduced. Interesting. I'd actually like to see this place in person if it doesn't sell by then.

h1.JPG
h2.JPG
h3.JPG
h4.JPG

I watched one of my regular agents yesterday on YT. She does a great job on the tours. The house was very nice too.
She ticked me off though. In the comments several asked who the builder was. (Which is normal as people need to research things like this)
She won't say and lies that her reality firm is the builder.
It took me 4 minutes to locate the property as she gave no address.

She isn't the listing agent and the house is with another reality company. The builders name was listed as well.
So much for her transparency. I wouldn't go around a good agent but when they think they can get away with this it's a deal breaker with me.
Next time I talk to her I will politely let her know that it makes her look bad. I'm sure she doesn't care but it needs said

I watched one of my regular agents yesterday on YT. She does a great job on the tours. The house was very nice too.
She ticked me off though. In the comments several asked who the builder was. (Which is normal as people need to research things like this)
She won't say and lies that her reality firm is the builder.
It took me 4 minutes to locate the property as she gave no address.

She isn't the listing agent and the house is with another reality company. The builders name was listed as well.
So much for her transparency. I wouldn't go around a good agent but when they think they can get away with this it's a deal breaker with me.
Next time I talk to her I will politely let her know that it makes her look bad. I'm sure she doesn't care but it needs said
Recently I looked at a home prior to it being listed (off market). I told the homeowner I was interested, and when they had a price, I was interested in making a offer and they could save the sales commission if the price was a match. The homeowner stated they had a broker coming to see and possibly list the house the following week. i suggested to the homeowner that they let the likely listing broker know they had shown the house, and would like the right to sell the home to me without the broker's contract.

I received a call from the homeowner that they had listed the home with Bill Jones, what the price was, and to contact Bill Jones if I wanted to make an offer. Three months ago I fly my Wife and I to see a home listed by Bill Jones, and found him to be incompetent, and we regretted ever meeting him and the $2k USD money we spent to see his misrepresented listing.

The minute we knew Bill Jones was the listing broker- we no longer had interest in the home. But this statement requires full disclosure- we didn't love the home, but would have made a low offer if the price was a match. If we loved the home AND the price was a match, we would have reluctantly dealt with Bill Jones.

The agent you watch on YT is in Florida. The home will sell regardless of her reputation. The same agent in Maryland, Ohio, Minnesota- maybe not.

Recently I looked at a home prior to it being listed (off market). I told the homeowner I was interested, and when they had a price, I was interested in making a offer and they could save the sales commission if the price was a match. The homeowner stated they had a broker coming to see and possibly list the house the following week. i suggested to the homeowner that they let the likely listing broker know they had shown the house, and would like the right to sell the home to me without the broker's contract.

I received a call from the homeowner that they had listed the home with Bill Jones, what the price was, and to contact Bill Jones if I wanted to make an offer. Three months ago I fly my Wife and I to see a home listed by Bill Jones, and found him to be incompetent, and we regretted ever meeting him and the $2k USD money we spent to see his misrepresented listing.

The minute we knew Bill Jones was the listing broker- we no longer had interest in the home. But this statement requires full disclosure- we didn't love the home, but would have made a low offer if the price was a match. If we loved the home AND the price was a match, we would have reluctantly dealt with Bill Jones.

The agent you watch on YT is in Florida. The home will sell regardless of her reputation. The same agent in Maryland, Ohio, Minnesota- maybe not.
$2k ....nasty.
If the house you are looking at in a far away area had a good virtual tour online and many pictures to look at and it was to your liking I think for $300 to $350 I would send over a home inspector incognito to check it out for me and take some real closeup pictures under the guise he was my representative.
You can get 6 inspections like this and never leave your house for $2k.

I for one don't like traveling for a lost cause.

Just now... I asked about a house over text. A realtor Brandi calls instantly. She tells me all about the house but it won't be ready for 2 months.
She says she is going by there and will get me a picture of the progress ..great...

20 minutes later I get this picture...lol

She says I think the listing will be canceled as they haven't started yet. You can't make this stuff up

1000002639.jpg

Brandi served up some QFI today... ( Quality Free Information)
She called and apologized...nice!
Told me another house I asked for just sold but the builder has another coming just like it and she said you know Jim it sat for about 4 months and he took $45 k less and paid the settlement....

I'm liking Brandi more everyday 😁

The house above was about $150k too much for the area.
I can hear the masses here scream but it haa a 16ft front foyer and the whole house has 12 ft ceilings which are to my liking...it's a single level at about 2200 Sq ft.

Smaller but I'm going minimalist these days.

Not based on ignorance here, based on experience, real life experience spanning well over 40 years of buying and selling various houses. Looks like I ruffled a few feathers, it happens. Since you used the word ignorance I'll go with naive, not as harsh a word. ;) Maybe people are lucky or naive I'm not sure, bottom line if a person feels they were treated right that's all that matters. I know quite a few people who moved over the past few years, and not one of them had anything nice to say about their broker, in fact they mention how the broker either played games, lied, or tried to screw them. I almost listed with one and he pulled a trick with the commission and I sent him packing, then we decided to hold off. Are they all bad? No, but I'd say the vast majority are, just like dealerships, contractors, and repair shops. Just look at all the threads on this site to back up the dealership and repair shop problems.
Maybe we are the company we keep?
Tens of millions in property I moved on Long Island, I would be hard pressed to come up with a handful who gave me a bad review.

With that said, "Maybe we are the company we keep?" that you had such bad luck?
Because if they all had the same experience, why did they use an agency?
Facts are facts, 89% do. I do understand some feel they cant afford it but we all pay for services. Heck, without going into details I know not one but two homes sold on Long Island, not far from your neck of the woods, do you think they care about the $55,000+ commission on their 1+ million dollar homes? Not even a thought on their minds, it's a service they can afford.

No feathers ruffled here, same people trash all kinds of service companies, employees, ATTORNEYS, contractors yet they still use them, interesting. I think it's mostly jealousy based on income assumptions. ;)

Last edited:
I found this post from a realtor who does get their feathers ruffled. But then again .. it takes all kinds.
People who makes comments about the pay are out to lunch and the vast majority have no clue what they are talking about. It is interesting that agents make so much money, all the people that trash the industry dont want to go into the business. That sounds strange, the industry makes so much money that the people who trash it, stay in their same old tired job doing something else.

The public clueless that 30% plus goes to state and the federal government for the very lowest of all income earning agents.
15% Social Security and medicare/medicaid, What/ 12% Fed Income tax, another 5% state income tax plus business expenses.
But still make so much money everyone should be doing it right? *LOL* SO quit your jobs and get on the easy money train, only a fool wouldnt.

Anyway, this is an agent that gets their feathers ruffled, me? When I did real estate on Long Island, I laughed all the way to the bank when someone commented about the income. I had a grand time and did well through hard work, even years back at times holding 10 million dollars worth of homes in contract alone waiting to close and clients who liked me so much, they moved south when I did! *LOL* By the way, if ever asked if I would cut my commission to make a deal work, it flowed right off my lips "that's not going to happen" I have my own family, Im not contributing to someone else's. True many agents (or any sales industry) are desperate and weak.

So quit your jobs and start making boatloads of money!
Just keep this in mind for the majority of them.
Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 12.36.20 PM.jpg

Back