Realtors in Florida

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
Had an issue today and I pulled a nasty...
I have a great agent in Florida but did not bother him as he has other things going on.

Seen a house I wanted and called the listing agent Thursday morning.
Asked about the house and of course he was clueless. Couldn't even tell me the builder which
I already knew. Seriously.
Without asking he tells me tomorrow is the open house and he will live stream it to me
and that way I can see the quality of it. He was going to get into all the hidden spaces and yada, yada, yada :)

He went on to bloviate how he has shocked the housing market and all of that good stuff.
Typical nonsense nobody cares about.

Fast forward. Nothing from him. Zippo. Just 5 minutes ago he sends me a builder list of who could build
on one of my lots. Oh really... Nobody asked for that.

I called him just now and told him he has been dismissed. He wanted to plead his case, so I hung up and
blocked him. Nice and sweet. loser!

Was I mean? :)

You know they say everyone in Florida is an agent.
I have found most to be older and absolutely lazy.
I bought lots and they wouldn't come out to show me, so I called someone else.
Last year I listed a lot, and the agent asked me to put up the sign.
like really? yes really.

I don't even expect any of them to have the hussle I have but come on......

I emailed a builder for pricing which they ask you to do on a specific house as they no longer list
starting prices. I got this beauty and no price. Dismissed!

GUEST REGISTRATION 03 05 23 (1)-page-001.jpg

Yes, my neighbors son just had one built in a little town south of me. A place called MIMS, but he works for Boston Whaler which is very close. Moved in now and loving it! Building another 580 homes on the Intracoastal around that area. Love watching Elon pollute the skies with his satellite launches from the front porch.

A great agent? LOL I never met one, the real estate agents I had dealings were lying cheats, and had to be kept on a very tight leash. You might have been too kind. lol
Just like any other profession, there are good realtors and bad ones. I don't know what you do for a living but I'm pretty sure that there are good ones at what you do and some that just suck.

I'm not a real estate expert but there have been a few times that a competent and ethical agent has saved me more money than they earned on commission.

Last edited:
I knew this would turn into a real estate agent bashing thread. Same old thing based on ignorance, just like anyone you hire, you're the bottom line on who you choose. No different than voters blaming public servants, though the voters hire them.

I knew this would turn into a real estate agent bashing thread. Same old thing based on ignorance, just like anyone you hire, you're the bottom line on who you choose. No different than voters blaming public servants, though the voters hire them.
I, on the other hand, have a great real estate agent as well as a top mortgage broker. My mortgage broker helped me pay off my home, which was the impossible dream for an ex-homeless drunk.
Now I have 3.

Not based on ignorance here, based on experience, real life experience spanning well over 40 years of buying and selling various houses. Looks like I ruffled a few feathers, it happens. Since you used the word ignorance I'll go with naive, not as harsh a word. ;) Maybe people are lucky or naive I'm not sure, bottom line if a person feels they were treated right that's all that matters. I know quite a few people who moved over the past few years, and not one of them had anything nice to say about their broker, in fact they mention how the broker either played games, lied, or tried to screw them. I almost listed with one and he pulled a trick with the commission and I sent him packing, then we decided to hold off. Are they all bad? No, but I'd say the vast majority are, just like dealerships, contractors, and repair shops. Just look at all the threads on this site to back up the dealership and repair shop problems.

Whatever comes to a realtor is usually justified.
I say this as I have no beef with them but know how they operate.
Instead of the first impression of you being a star and world shocker why not let your abilities speak for themselves?

Leave the big talk at the door. Also, many strive to do one thing and one thing only,
get the listing and they don't give a hoot after that. If you are the cream of the crop, you wouldn't sweat realtor
bashing as you see it every single day.

Reactions: JC1
Knowing how they operate is the key, I know exactly how they work. In the case of my brother's home inspection prior to closing, the broker said you don't even have to be there when the inspector she recommended does the inspection. Do you think he'd fail it? No way in hell!! LOL He tried to push a bad electrical panel on my brother who among other professions is an electrician. When my brother questioned the panel, the inspector said it was fine. My brother asked him if he was sure and if he wanted to put his license on the line. Once my brother showed him his NY license he changed his tune and they had to drop the price of the house for an electrical panel. Or is this a flood zone? Well part of the property "could" be in a flood zone, that was another classic line I heard when we were house hunting in Florida. I specified I did not want to look in flood zones. LOL I could go on, bottom line do your homework!!

Back