REALLY Need a Bike Stand

Park Tool PCS 10.3 is a pretty solid choice for at home, sets up fast and handles 80lbs. I don't own one but have borrowed it a couple times from our local library. For bottom bracket work I use the floor though.

About the only portable stand that is suitable for a 55 lb bike is the new Feedback, which is MUCH more robust than the other two models.
I think you could get by with a homemade unit hanging from a beam though.
I have a powered Park and it spoils you. The Unior is nice too, but this is overkill for most people at home.

Funny you ask. I've been working on bikes for nearly 40 years and still don't own a service stand. I keep saying I should get one. I'll lurk on this thread just in case it's finally time.
Same here. I still flip my bike upside down to work on it like I have always done. I rest the handlebars on wooden blocks and put a pad between the floor and the seat. I do have to pop off the headlight and the cycling computer.

20231222_123128~2.jpg

Here's mine - got a good deal on a Park Tool bench unit years and years ago, and built the wooden stand for it.

use some vinyl coated s-hooks and a couple of ropes on basement ceiling works too,though you have to get used bike to swinging around,

Back