A true portable car lift?

I'm talking about one you don't have to drill holes in your concrete floor.
I find it strange that there is a 1 post car lift that is stand alone no drill and portable, but no one has made a 2 post lift that is?
It would be a fairly simple thing to do. I don't want to be limited on the placement of the lift, other things maybe occupying the space.

+2 on quickjack, but maintain yours, especially lubing the pivot points. I had one lock up under light hobbyist use with the car on it, after 3 years and change.

• Wow
Reactions: D60
I'm talking about one you don't have to drill holes in your concrete floor.
That sounds pretty dangerous such that manufactures cant get liability insurance. Cars fall off bolted down lifts all the time. I can imagine it being much more of a problem here if the car wasn't perfectly centered and balanced.

I use a 5k forklift
Yeah but there still needs to be something to hold it up, plus need fork extensions, special pads etc. and the space to fit it in etc.
It would be simple stuff to have wider bolt in sections for support of a 2 post lift. Just wouldn't want the hassle to have to make thicker concrete areas and the mess of bolting in and out, pulled and or striped threads or what ever.
The forklift and huge special saw horses maybe the best bet.

Wow their site is cool. I've never seen school buses and HD/OTR trucks on lifts. Not sure I'd wanna get under some of those.....
I was under a Fedex truck on a HD Mohawk lift yesterday getting transmission solenoid numbers to program for a transmission replacement. Theres certainly some pucker factor in doing that.

Back