REALLY Need a Bike Stand

I have seven bikes to service over the winter (not immediately, thank goodness!)

You would think I would have a bike stand. Nope.

What is a good stand? What works for you? Say $200-$250 limit, but open to good budget stand. I think I would like a stand alone stand (v. bench mount)

I have the Park ToolPCS-12.2 bench mount repair stand. It's a bench mount which means you have to turn the bike around to get to the other side, but the stand won't move, tip over, slide, etc.

what I run but don’t think I’d use it on a 50lbs bike.
Feedback Sports ultralight bike stand.

Have a cheap something or another, Spin Doctor I think, bike rests on the bottom bracket and is clamped down at the bottom of the down tube. Not sure I would recommend it here, but it is a cheap one that gets me by.

I have the Park ToolPCS-12.2 bench mount repair stand. It's a bench mount which means you have to turn the bike around to get to the other side, but the stand won't move, tip over, slide, etc.
Have you ever hung 55lbs on it

I have one of the Feedback stands. Definitely not the lightweight one. Holds all of our XXL fatbikes perfectly.

I've had a Park stand for about a decade and it does ok but if I were to buy again I'd be looking at this one. It handles my fatty (Trek Farley 9) as well as my lighter road bikes. That is my heaviest bike.

I have seven bikes to service over the winter (not immediately, thank goodness!)

What is a good stand? What works for you? Say $200-$250 limit, but open to good budget stand. I think I would like a stand alone stand (v. bench mount)
I have a wall mounted hanger for a bike which hinges up when not in use. Sorry, I have pic. Too many shadows in garage. I got it from Home Depot.

I've got an older nashbar stand that resembles the park prs-25, with the clamp being slightly different. I'd want something sturdier for a 55lb bike. My stand has been great, but my heaviest one runs maybe 30 lbs. I wish I'd got one 30 years ago.

Funny you ask. I've been working on bikes for nearly 40 years and still don't own a service stand. I keep saying I should get one. I'll lurk on this thread just in case it's finally time.

I have one from Feedback. It's sturdy enough that I often use it for woodworking too (as a holder clamp when cutting boards). Big wide base, and folds up small.

Back