Quick headlight restoration?

I know there is no quick way without polishing.I am looking for experience with either of these products as a quick one step only.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221110-160905.jpg
    Screenshot_20221110-160905.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 65
garden hose,
a can of Off! with 25% Deet
a gallon of white cider vinegar.
spray Off! on a towel and clean up the headlights, then wash off with vinegar, and water, the only time you touch the headlamp is with the towel with DEET on it.

I used Formula 1 Scratch Out. It worked ok. The results were certainly noticeable.

Get some "Bar Keepers Friend" powder. Wet the lights, powder them up, polish with a paper towel until satisfied. Add UV protectant of some sort.

I have used a number of products over the years on my 2005 Civic. I found the easiest and best was Meguirs Scratch X. It was quick and easy . I top the lens with Miguirs Headlight Protectant. I use it in the spring and fall

garden hose,
spray Off! on a towel and clean up the headlights, then wash off with vinegar, and water, the only time you touch the headlamp is with the towel with DEET on it.

I know there is no quick way without polishing.I am looking for experience with either of these products as a quick one step only.
The first one is to coat the headlight after sanding off the faded layer.
This is what i meant.
The second one is for blending newly painted parts into unpainted ones so they won't stand out as much. Nothing to do with headlights.

I know it's too late for that but somebody once told me and I believe it with some confidence that if people would clay bar their headlights and then perform a polishing compound with a buffing machine and then apply a quality wax to the headlights occasionally it can help them from oxidizing as much. The one time I tried to do the headlights myself I use some real high-end Crest toothpaste which is essentially a polishing compound and an old toothbrush with a little bit of water. It worked okay but I've seen better results. My honest suggestion would be to all those who are not having those issues yet is to occasionally cut your headlights like you would with any other part of your car with a protective wax or polish. This would be a case where using a spray shine on top would give additional protection as well as after every car wash is a maintenance procedure

I used a 3M restoration kit on mine once, only because they were so bad. Since then I hand polish them with a rubbing compound and they look great again. This needs to be done about every 4-6 months to keep them looking good. Takes me about 10-15 minutes each time...

How about Arm & Hammer baking soda for the fridge ? That's finer than the regular . Use regular for teeth , getting a bit whiter for a tea and coffee fan . See ! 😁

garden hose,
Why does this work ? ... The DEET or the Vinegar doing the oxidation from head lights ?

I've used Mothers Mag polish on a couple of old Toyotas and it worked well even without a buffer. Follow up with a couple coats of wax. I redo every 6 months or so.

Paco

I used the 3m quick wipes on 2 vehicles it was about a 1.00 a wipe i used 2 wipes in total.and probably put of put one coat on another.put a coat let it dry and did it another time. For 2.00 its amazing.It smelled like floor wax or sealer.

Last edited:
Back