Odd Question about headlight restoration

Ever spray something like ArmorAll on old paint or clouded headlights and you know how it looks shiny-wet and good?
Well, is there any actually spray-on product that will make that 'wet look coating' and not fade or wash away too quickly?
Just asking if something like that does exist.

If the oxidization is already on the headlight / paint - putting a shiny clear coat on top won't do anything.

You need to polish it first, then put the clear on it. When doing headlight - the final wet sand gives you somewhat an idea how it will look, although water isn't all that glossy but it gets closer.

I polish mine with polishing compound every few years when they begin to cloud up. It does a good job for me. I would not spray any coating in an attempt to make them look "wet".Amour All will just rinse off in the next rain. A coat of wax may slow the aging of the lenses some.

Over spray something like ArmorAll on old paint or clouded headlights and you know how it looks shiny-wet and good?
Well, is there any actually spray-on product that will make that 'wet look coating' and not fade or wash away too quickly?
Just asking if something like that does exist.
3M makes three different headlight restoration kits. A mild, medium and a heavy polish kit. They work really well as I used it on my Neon.

We had a guy on here... Gearhead something.... Gear-head-tool, maybe, that swore by bug-spray. Obviously it was one of the solvents, and obviously it's not long lasting.

Ya need to use some elbow grease, and cover it with UV protectant when done.

I like "Bar keepers friend" cleaning powder and lots of water. Scrub until your arms ache and your hand feels warm from friction, or get a kit that runs in your drill.

Back