Question on Auto Rx...is it working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: sprintman
Your picture is of the oil baffle and as everybody here bar me relates to 'pictures' you should have posted a valevtrain 'picture'. Kapisch?

That picture IS NOT mine, it's a general question. Kapisch?

Then don't post oil baffle pictures when talking about the valve train. Sheesh!

sprintman- are you really this confused or are you just desperately trying to avoid the questions? panthermike hasn't posted oil baffle pictures in this thread (and if you think he has, please post a link). Regardless of any pictures posted by anyone, he is asking some simple questions which you seem unable to answer.

Let's try again- try answering these questions without beating around the bush or insulting people (AKA your usual method of avoiding answering questions):

Originally Posted By: panthermike

I'm not sure what's wrong with wanting to see visible results from a product? If I see that a product is cleaning my valvetrain, I'm going to assume it's cleaning elsewhere. If not, I believe most people would assume the same is occuring throughout the engine.

One other thing confuses me, maybe someone can shed some light on this. How could a product clean certain areas of an engine and not others? Excess heat in those areas? I just mean some people make a product out to have the ability to "choose" where it will clean. When a product cleans ring packs, I assume that the rest of the engine will cleaned as well. Possibly at a different rate, but still cleaned.

re selective cleaning, and the assumption that what will clean component X will also clean component Y.

Some engine oil combos cause (amongst things) Ring pack sticking, cam wear, bore glazing, etc. etc.

How can an engine suffer one of those conditions, without all the others, or every engine in a series not suffer the same with the same oil ?

Originally Posted By: StevieC
[.....
Auto-RX Claims to clean sludge and deposits from within the engine. A picture of said engine before and after a completed Auto-Rx Clean & Rinse Phase would show said cleaning abilities.

Yes, where oil flows. Splash fed areas are going to depend on where the splashes land and how often that spot gets splashed. AutoRX can't guarantee it is ever going to physically reach deposits in splash fed areas.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: moving2
panthermike hasn't posted oil baffle pictures in this thread (and if you think he has, please post a link).

See the OP. I won't defend sprintman on any other point but I think that's what he was referring to.

And I'm fine with that... Show me a picture of the galleries below a valve-cover.

And if it can clean rings/piston sides which are usually splash fed, then why can't it clean valve covers?

Just a thought...
wink.gif

And I'm fine with that... Show me a picture of the galleries below a valve-cover.

And if it can clean rings/piston sides which are usually splash fed, then why can't it clean valve covers?

Just a thought...
wink.gif

Good question, don't know. I only know that ARX cleaned rings and restored factory compression in my 1996 cavalier.

The maintenance dose improved compression on my two 2.3L engines that had 15k on them.

Then don't post oil baffle pictures when talking about the valve train. Sheesh!

The OP, ChrisB posted that pic, not me.

Just a thought...
wink.gif

I don't know, perhaps the ring area is hotter?
Has anyone done any 'out of engine' type tests on Arx?
ie. immersed a dirty component in a hot mix of oil and Arx.

Your picture is of the oil baffle and as everybody here bar me relates to 'pictures' you should have posted a valevtrain 'picture'. Kapisch?

I am willing to bet that if the Oil Baffle is dirty then there is a good chance that the OP's Valvetrain is dirty too.

Maybe the OP can take a pic of his Valvetrain and if it is dirty then he might have some luck with trying KREEN.

Originally Posted By: Chris B.
That's NOT where it does its job. Oil filler cap in the valve cover is a splash fed area and gets little cleaning. Would have been better if you did a compression test first. What is your sump capacity and how much RX did you use?

Do you have any idea on the dip stick? It sits in hot flowing oil the whole time.
Look at the dipstick. It is not all covered with varnish / deposits.

Originally Posted By: Chris B.
Here is another XC70 that is much cleaner. This kind of contridicts the idea that oil just splashes on cooks there:
100_1446.jpg

Well maintained vs. minimally maintained.

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
Originally Posted By: moving2
panthermike hasn't posted oil baffle pictures in this thread (and if you think he has, please post a link).

See the OP. I won't defend sprintman on any other point but I think that's what he was referring to.

d00df00d- I just looked back at the OP, Chris B, who did post such pictures. panthermike, AFAIK, did not, and panthermike is the one who is asking the questions to which I am referring. Just to clarify- in response to panthermike's post, sprintman asked the panthermike not to post such pictures if he's going to ask those questions. panthermike did NOT post the pictures. Hope this clarifies my original post.

Please correct me if I'm wrong on this- perhaps I'm not seeing something.

Originally Posted By: Trajan

That is some smart Lanolin Ester in there or it's unionized ester and it's "not in the job description"

crackmeup2.gif

Seriously; made my day!

Obviously Americans like 'pictures', we are interested in results. "Different strokes fer different folks" as they say.

We(American's) like pictures of the before and after results.

The best way to tell if a product is cleaning is to look for visual results. Clean is a visual thing. If you paid someone to clean your house you'd look to see if the job was done. Same goes with cleaning products sold to clean engines. If someone has easy access to looking at the finished job they will. Now if they don't have easy access then they won't.

If a product is sold as a compression booster, then they'd be checking compression, and probably not be as concerned with how well it did or didn't clean things up. If this person bought the compression booster and it didn't work, would they be instructed to pop a valve cover and see if the valve train was clean? Or would they be told their engine needs a rebuild?

Everyone stop wasting your time with Sprintman. If he was serious about proving the product he would offer pictures no problem at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back