Question on Auto Rx...is it working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: sprintman
Why?

Why as in Why would you want to see before and after?

To see the results! If you blow $27 a bottle on a product i am sure you would want to know if its working to(visually). Butt dyno's don't count, seeing a gunked engine before, and a cleaner engine after would.

Blind faith on an expensive product is madness!

Originally Posted By: Anies
Why?

To see the results! If you blow $27 a bottle on a product i am sure you would want to know if its working to(visually). Butt dyno's don't count, seeing a gunked engine before, and a cleaner engine after would.

They don't want to show before and after pics of the Valve train because they know that auto-rx will not clean ANYTHING up inside the Valve train.

It is now a fact that cheaper oil additives work better than auto-rx, at least that is what an arx moderator told me.

Why?

sprintman- how long can you continue making up confused excuses, asking a question of a question, and generally doing everything possible to avoid answering a perfectly valid question? Let us see how long you can keep this up...note that a lot of potential-future-ARX-users will likely be reading this thread. Your total avoidance of these questions will surely be noted by them.

The REAL AutoRx test
sprintman Offline

Loc: Canberra ACT Australia
I humbly believe we on the other side of the planet have been conducting the REAL Rx test. So far more than 72 bottles (3 cases @ A$550-600 a case) have been used in multiple forklifts, large trucks, and a few cars. Forklift and truck owners demand tangible results as their livelihood depends on it. For an engine, a forklift is about as bad as it gets useage wise, very intermittent useage leading to condensation, sludging like you woudn't believe, just generally used and abused. The drivers don't own them so you can imagine oil or coolant levels etc get little attention. Rx results so far are encouraging showing almost clean oil at the 100hr service points (using maint dose), whereas before black as Hades. An amazing change. Drivers are reporting it "seems to run better". The maintenance bills are decreasing and you can be d--- sure owners notice that real quick. Test not finished yet but results so far look very encouraging and we are sure its a commercially viable here even at our highly inflated prices. Now is this a better test than a 'one off' in a street driven vehicle? But be assured nobody can deny we have "put our money where our mouth is" as we say here.

sprintman made this post on 8/10/03

I am sure now that it is almost 7 years later that he may have some results for us.

Originally Posted By: Anies
Why?

Why? Are you serious sprintman? If you had sludge as bad as in this video, where it's visually blocking oil return holes and pressure feeds, wouldn't you want it to visually clean that out?
thumbsup2.gif
The products is marketed that way!

Guys,
I'm sorry but I don't have any pictures of the valve covers off. It looks like a pain in the [censored] with all kind of hoses and tubes going everywhere. I'll stop by the Volvo shop and see if they can see in there with a scope if it is not much money.

This fighting on arx is getting real old.

If it works for you, great, keep using it.

If it doesn't, great, stop using it.

Neither side is going to convince the other.

If pics are meaningless, then the arx site should not use them to promote their product.

If it's ring pack cleaning that is its bread and butter, then some videos of such should be there.

Either way, this isn't going anywhere.

I agree with you Trajan. At this point I would rather use ANYTHING else-MMO, Amsoil Engine Flush, Kreen, whatever-rather than Auto-RX. And the discussion of the stuff is getting old.

One of the cheapest experiments in the world-buy some MMO at the local Walmart for a few dollars and give it a try. You don't need some complicated cycle of cleaning and you don't have to use conventional motor oil. If you are unhappy with the results you are out a few bucks.

My feeling is that if Auto-RX cleaned as well as some claim there would have ALREADY been plenty of photographic proof placed here at bobistheoilguy.com. If I was the guy selling Auto-RX and I knew that it worked I would be very happy if somebody provided proof here at this website. Sales would have gone through the roof.

This Auto-RX stuff is an old horse that needs to be put out to pasture.

Ah, there's the rub. There are, or at least I haven't seen, any pics before and after of MMO, Kreen, Rislone, weasel urine that show that they work, or not.

Now, I've used the first and third, and the fourth is rather hard to get. I cannot say in a court of law that they worked as advertised. All I can say is that my engine still runs as well as ever. So it hasn't hurt.

Of course, it could also be that the use of quality oil, reasonable oci, and routine care is the reason.

Like any thing else, from penicillin to lazik eye surgery, nothing works for everyone.

In another post there was mention of before and after photographs using MMO. It would be interesting seeing those photographs.

And I think some guys try to push the OCIs too far. Maybe I don't extend my OCIs enough, but I think somebody who tries to drive too far with one oil change of any oil is doing his engine a disfavor. Like you say, a person needas good motor oil, reasonable OCIs, and good routine care.

I agree Mystic. What I don't understand is if you are trying to clean an engine why would you extend the OCI while the cleaning product is in the sump? Granted some products take longer to clean things than others. I would think 4000-5000 miles or less is more than enough for any product intended to clean to start cleaning things up. Major sludge monsters or cars with heavy varnish might need more than 1 OCI with a slow cleaning product, but I'd want the oil and filter out by 4000-5000 miles, then start again fresh if need be.

Originally Posted By: Mystic

My feeling is that if Auto-RX cleaned as well as some claim there would have ALREADY been plenty of photographic proof placed here at bobistheoilguy.com. If I was the guy selling Auto-RX and I knew that it worked I would be very happy if somebody provided proof here at this website. Sales would have gone through the roof.

This Auto-RX stuff is an old horse that needs to be put out to pasture.

There is plenty if you search this site. Most of it is 3+ years old.

I get the pictures thing now after a quick chat with my senior engineer. He's an ex American and explained things. All makes sense now I think about it.

I love it. You're such a fraud. All you can do is take jabs at America! It's been your mantra here all along.

Fraud.

He had to have his senior engineer, an ex-American, explain to him why people might want before and after photographs?

Yeah, I have two bottle of Auto-RX sitting around and I don't know what to do with them. I have been using Pennzoil Ultra and the next time I change oil I think I will add a small bottle of MMO.

Just another jab in a long line of jabs at America and those who live here. I can't tell you how many times I've seen this guy insult individuals, their country of origin, and their intelligence.

But he's an early adopter and he donated $100 so it's ok. Don't try it yourself; you'd get banned in an instant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back