Question on Auto Rx...is it working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh the old American 'looking under the valve cover obsession'. Tell me do American husbands abandon their wives, and instead spend hours in the garage 'looking under valve covers;, as for mechanics here it's as funny as it gets?

What do you suggest us Americans look at? Before and after compression readings? What if the compression is good and we're just looking to clean up the engine? What do we look at?

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
What do you suggest us Americans look at? Before and after compression readings? What if the compression is good and we're just looking to clean up the engine? What do we look at?

If compression is good why waste the money on vanity?

Originally Posted By: sprintman
Ahh the old American 'looking under the valve cover obsession'. Tell me do American husbands abandon their wives, and instead spend hours in the garage 'looking under valve covers;, as for mechanics here it's as funny as it gets?

Maybe arx can put a DISCLAIMER on the back of there bottle that there product does not clean up the VALVETRAIN.

Or... "Product doesn't clean as advertised just makes your compression better."
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: badtlc
Originally Posted By: demarpaint

If compression is good why waste the money on vanity?

If I was buying an engine cleaner I'd want to clean an engine, then check if it was cleaned. If I were buying something to raise compression I'd test compression to see if it worked.

Obviously Americans like 'pictures', we are interested in results. "Different strokes fer different folks" as they say.
So how is asking for pictures of clean valve covers and bottom ends not a reasonable expectation considering that ARX claims to be one of the best engine cleaners for sludge and gunk in your engine?

How is it ok to advertise cleaning of the rings/pistons to improve compression ok, but it doesn't clean other areas?

That is some smart Lanolin Ester in there or it's unionized ester and it's "not in the job description" so therefor it offers selective cleaning only... almost like Pennzoils Adaptive Molecules!

Please share with us because I'm a bit
54.gif

Last edited:
Obviously Americans like 'pictures', we are interested in results. "Different strokes fer different folks" as they say.

Perhaps, but if you are buying a product to "clean an engine" would you look at your tires when you finished the treatment? Results many times are visual, especially when something is being "cleaned", or sold as a "cleaner".

SteviC 'bottom end' as you mention is not under the valve cover, but I'm sure you know that.
Instead of pointing out how you are reading my post wrong because there is clearly the word "AND" in between, how about answering my question?

Or do you just want to continue dancing around the bush like you usually do when people confront you about Auto-RX?

happy2.gif

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Instead of pointing out how you are reading my post wrong

Always nice to see condescension met with a comeback like this.
01.gif

Last edited:

That is some smart Lanolin Ester in there or it's unionized ester and it's "not in the job description"

crackmeup2.gif

I'm not dancing, I'm just laughing at some of you being silly. People here pull valve covers when a gasket has failed, or a head requires removal, it sure doesn't happen for voyeuristic tendencies.

Taking a peek inside an engine once in awhile isn't wrong nor a waste of time.

Auto Rx is like other additives, it works for some, doesn't work for others. I have used and believe MMO to be a great additive and works wonders. If Auto Rx were at the same price point and had the same 80+ year history that MMO did there wouldn't be a doubt in terms of its effectiveness. But when you are trying to clean an engine, are you going to put your chances on something that costs $5 or something that will cost you $40+ and may not work?

I'd go for the cheaper one and work my way up.

thankyou2.gif

So if doesn't work for you, will it be because it went on strike?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back