Question on Auto Rx...is it working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: sprintman
Oh and savvy posters would have noticed you didn't deny my post on the RX job. Puts your post in perspective when they unerstand that.

Would you come right out and say you're getting kickbacks for your zealous defense of Auto-RX???
33.gif

Of course not!

A) Yes I would but that's just me.

B) You misread the post about Brent and his angling for a job at RX. Is that not clear?

Just wondering, but what does any of this have to do with how a product works or doesn't work?

B) You misread the post about Brent and his angling for a job at RX. Is that not clear?

Frank and I discussed me running the ARX Forum, but since his forum does not see much traffic nothing materialized, his forum sees about 3 new threads a week, if that. Am I upset, no, I really do not believe in the product as I now feel that MMO works better than ARX.

You "feel it works better". Zen analysis?

I will give you this opportunity to prove to everyone here in arx's DARKEST HOUR why it is the best oil additive on the planet.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

Just wondering, but what does any of this have to do with how a product works or doesn't work?

Follow the money. When people are given free product to promote said product and squelch ANY dissent of the product or praise for other products, how can you believe them???

I don't believe them. In fact the tactics are a major turn off, and a lot of people are getting tired of them. Good products sell themselves without all the help. People recommend them for reasons other than kick backs and free goods!

Originally Posted By: Chris B.
Back on track guys!

So what do you think of the latest UOA posted above?

As you can see, that is totally immaterial to the lion's share of the content of this thread.

You've been shown the mistake of posting here about Auto-Rx. If you make it again, the same people will go out of their way to punish you ..and until you learn "their lesson" about it ..you'll just have to run the gauntlet.

Get the point?

Originally Posted By: Chris B.
Back on track guys!

So what do you think of the latest UOA posted above?

There is a UOA in here, I thought this was a thread about ARX Pics, need to go back and reread the thread.

Varnish stains on aluminum are very hard to clean off, even in a pan of gas and a scrub brush the stuff won't let go. Looks like the first owner of your car neglected the OCI's and stained the inside of the motor, as long as it runs well and does not consume oil don't worry too much about it. Cleaning out the filler hole by hand was the best approach. Sounds like your motor is healthy so you should not have any problems with regular OCI's with GC, maybe the stain behind the oil filter will fade over time.

It's been over 5 months since I cleaned the fill hole and it's still clean. It is showing no signs of crud coming back. Does that mean the PCV system is working? Also no oil burned yet at 2,000+ miles in to it's 1st synthetic OCI......good sign!

I would keep using GC or M1 HM and not worry about it too much anymore and just enjoy the car as you said it runs like a top

Originally Posted By: KLowD9x
Every Volvo that comes into my dealer looks like that under the cap!

It's nothing new.

However, when I bought my S60, it had about the same amount of buildup as you have on your XC70. I have been running GC 0w30 since I bought it and it is almost shiny. The varnish that was on the oil filter area is completely gone. Everything is silver now.

I recommend you just use the GC, it will clean up that stuff.

I'm now on my 3rd GC oil change. I'll have my latest(2nd GC UOA) today and I'll post the results.

The Car is still running like a champ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back