Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4
Originally Posted By: jk_636
Blind leading the blind...
Right--you are blind.

How about that Fram Ultra?
Works just fine to 15K and beyond. You should try one and quit messing around with those cheesy 3K OCIs.

Perhaps someone else should take it from here, or I have the distinct feeling this conversation will result in myself taking another unwanted "vacation."

Perhaps someone else should take it from here, or I have the distinct feeling this conversation will result in myself taking another unwanted "vacation."
Truce Mate--I have no desire to drive you into a vacation. I agree to disagree.
cheers3.gif

You and Zeeosix are missing the point.

IF the problem was as widespread as you say it is, everyone (including myself) should have experienced it by now.

I havent. No one I know personally has experienced it. That means that either A) The problem is not in Texas or B) It is not the pandemic that you make it out to be.

I'm not missing any point. It's kind of funny seeing that you have this viewpoint that if it didn't happen to you, it didn't happen. There must be some kind of clinical name for that.
grin.gif

I (and many others, whether you want to acknowledge that fact or not) continue to use Purolator because they offer outstanding filtration (I believe the Pureone has the highest filtration of any canister filter on the market) and are completely safe to use.

LoL ... you never did start that poll to see who here still uses Purolators. Don't bother at this point, I already know what the poll results will look like.
whistle.gif

Stop blowing this out of proportion. A couple filters tore. Big deal. For every 60 that "failed" 60,000 were just fine. And of course I am making those numbers up because no one knows what the ratio is, and frankly at this point, enough filters have been proven safe that it really no longer matters.

It's more like 60 failed for every 100 cut open on this board, and it's not due to people not knowing how to cut open an oil filter, that theory is totally asinine. Don't need any "statistical genius" to figure out that Houston has a problem.
grin.gif

It's a good time of year to vacation in Hawaii!
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

You and Zeeosix are missing the point.

IF the problem was as widespread as you say it is, everyone (including myself) should have experienced it by now.

I havent. No one I know personally has experienced it. That means that either A) The problem is not in Texas or B) It is not the pandemic that you make it out to be.

I'm not missing any point. It's kind of funny seeing that you have this viewpoint that if it didn't happen to you, it didn't happen. There must be some kind of clinical name for that.
grin.gif

I (and many others, whether you want to acknowledge that fact or not) continue to use Purolator because they offer outstanding filtration (I believe the Pureone has the highest filtration of any canister filter on the market) and are completely safe to use.

LoL ... you never did start that poll to see who here still uses Purolators. Don't bother at this point, I already know what the poll results will look like.
whistle.gif

Stop blowing this out of proportion. A couple filters tore. Big deal. For every 60 that "failed" 60,000 were just fine. And of course I am making those numbers up because no one knows what the ratio is, and frankly at this point, enough filters have been proven safe that it really no longer matters.

It's more like 60 failed for every 100 cut open on this board, and it's not due to people not knowing how to cut open an oil filter, that theory is totally asinine. Don't need any "statistical genius" to figure out that Houston has a problem.
grin.gif

It's a good time of year to vacation in Hawaii!
grin.gif

I know you understand the logic, you just refuse to acknowledge it. There isn't anything anyone can do to fix that. I'll just end this by saying that if the only people that are having problems are people on the Internet and all the people that use Puros on a regular basis in my area are fine, then it must not be that bad.

The poll would be skewed at this point. I wanted to make it so that anyone could anonymously vote without fear or reprisal. Without that variable, many wouldn't vote so the survey is skewed.

60 out of 100? Give me a break. Over embellish much? Houston doesn't have a problem,"non paid spokespersons" on BITOG do.

Last edited:
I'll just end this by saying that if the only people that are having problems are people on the Internet and all the people that use Puros on a regular basis in my area are fine, then it must not be that bad.

If people see having failures on BITOG (and other sites where members cut open filters), then that can be scaled to everyone in the world using Purolator oil filters. There is no way that only members here get the bad filters; the failures are occurring everywhere. It's just that the people here can see it is going on, while others who don't ever cut open filters would never know it's happening.

Keep on believing in your fairy tale ... LoL
grin.gif

I'll just end this by saying that if the only people that are having problems are people on the Internet and all the people that use Puros on a regular basis in my area are fine, then it must not be that bad.

If people see having failures on BITOG (and other sites where members cut open filters), then that can be scaled to everyone in the world using Purolator oil filters. There is no way that only members here get the bad filters; the failures are occurring everywhere. It's just that the people here can see it is going on, while others who don't ever cut open filters would never know it's happening.

Keep on believing in your fairy tale ... LoL
grin.gif

yeah, yeah I have heard this all before.

It doesn't change the fact that I am the one who uses these filters continuously and mine don't tear. You don't even use them anymore.

I wonder who would be the most reputable source on current filter dynamics? The man who used to use them or the one that still does? Hmmm...

^^^ You just keep using them, nobody really cares if you do. The crazy thing about it is that 99% of the people here wouldn't use a Purolator again (but maybe the full synthetic), yet you seem like you want to do every thing you can (with some pretty off the wall reasons) to try and convince everyone that they are perfectly OK. You can continue to convince yourself, but you won't convince anyone else ... only evidence that the problem is fixed will do that, and that's on Purolator.

They will continue to use purolators because they obviously get them for free from all the marketing they do for the company. You guys definitely earn your paychecks from purolator you put in more time on BITOG than most people do at their jobs.

Originally Posted By: tratman2000
They will continue to use purolators because they obviously get them for free from all the marketing they do for the company. You guys definitely earn your paychecks from purolator you put in more time on BITOG than most people do at their jobs.

I wish! That would be awesome!

But sadly, purolator has not reached out to me.

They must use a different advertising model than Fr....I mean...never mind...

... only evidence that the problem is fixed will do that, and that's on Purolator.

If only there was some way to provide evidence, in the form of a visual medium, that could prove undeniable proof...Oh wait there is.

See photos above...

There's no way you guys are this pasonate towards purolator and not get paid. If you are then I'd hate to see you at nite alone with a pure one and a bottle of jergens.
banana2.gif
banana2.gif

There's no way you guys are this pasonate towards purolator and not get paid. If you are then I'd hate to see you at nite alone with a pure one and a bottle of jergens.
banana2.gif
banana2.gif

Absurd.

banana2.gif
banana2.gif

crackmeup2.gif

... only evidence that the problem is fixed will do that, and that's on Purolator.

If only there was some way to provide evidence, in the form of a visual medium, that could prove undeniable proof...Oh wait there is.

See photos above...

Just wait, there will be some more torn Purolators reported as time goes on, which will trump all the "good" photos posted by fanboys.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back