Purchased Hyundai Tucson Limited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by CKN
Originally Posted by Joe1
Congrats. I've recently been in late model Santa Fe and Tucson. I was impressed with both. I would have never considered a Hyundai or Kia in the past, but would definitely consider both if l was in the market for a new vehicle.
Everyone l know that has one seems to be happy with them.

There are many on BITOG who don't want to hear that. However-As an owner (and I could well afford the Toyo/Honda SUV/CUVs). I decided to purchase a new Hyundai Santa Fe XL in 2017. Almost 28,000 miles and no issues.

Took delivery of the vehicle today, spent some time on the highway and the Limited trim is quite luxurious IMO, however coming from a 2010 Escape, it's quite the upgrade, especially the interior quality and acoustics.

It's very quiet out on the highway.

Originally Posted by Mainia
Originally Posted by glock19
I'll be interested to hear how you like the dual clutch. It seems like most of them are either jerky at slow speeds (ex: Ford) or they are good but require quite a bit of maintenance (ex: VW).

They are when new, and are till the clutch is broken in. Also I don't know if the 2016 Tuscon has a intake resonator, but that also helps.

https://www.sxthelement.com/Intercooler-Resonator-Delete-Pipe-p/00-01-102.htm

Here are pictures from the Kona 1.6T on the Kona forum that is right up top of the motor. The Veloster is under the rear of the motor. It might be the early Tucson doesn't have one or it too, has in under the back of the motor. I don't know. This does get rid of 80-90% of the "stumble" I had on my Kona, and adds about 3-4 hp. It is up to the poster if he wants to find if the 2016 Tuscon has this intake muffler resonator. Why they have it I could not tell you .....I heard zero increase in noise without it.

The early Tuscon's had DCT software issues that were fixed with an update for most of them, but there a few "fluky" out outliers.

https://www.hyundaikonaforum.com/threads/intake-resonator-install.2578/#post-23116

The vehicle does have the Resonator pipe after the turbo. Did you get. CEL after the pipe change?

Originally Posted by donnyj08
Originally Posted by CKN
Originally Posted by Joe1
Congrats. I've recently been in late model Santa Fe and Tucson. I was impressed with both. I would have never considered a Hyundai or Kia in the past, but would definitely consider both if l was in the market for a new vehicle.
Everyone l know that has one seems to be happy with them.

There are many on BITOG who don't want to hear that. However-As an owner (and I could well afford the Toyo/Honda SUV/CUVs). I decided to purchase a new Hyundai Santa Fe XL in 2017. Almost 28,000 miles and no issues.

Took delivery of the vehicle today, spent some time on the highway and the Limited trim is quite luxurious IMO, however coming from a 2010 Escape, it's quite the upgrade, especially the interior quality and acoustics.

It's very quiet out on the highway.

I don't know if you have seen the 2020 Escape-but I'm not a fan. It's not that it's ugly-it's just generic looking Not enough to raise sales above where they are now IMHO.

Ford's a truck company now-they are having a had time competing else where.

I like the rear end of the new Escape but front end is pretty awful. I guess the giant grill is suppose to be the highlight of it, but large grills are ugly IMO. It's time for Ford to do something bold with the styling as the last two generations have been pretty boring in the styling department. I really like the Hyundai Kona front end, though I'm certain that's a very polarizing design aesthetic that people will likely love or hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back