PulseTech PowerPulse

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading a couple of battery related posts on here and thinking about replacing my truck's battery which is 5 years old and getting a little weak on cold mornings. I came across the Pulsetech PowerPulse battery maintainer which is supposed to use the battery's own power to generate short, sulfate reducing pulses. The claims are:

• Works on all lead-acid batteries (VRLA, AGM and ooded cell)
• Ensures peak battery performance by removing sulfation buildup on battery plates • Increases battery life span up to five times
• Provides greater charge acceptance so batteries recharge faster
• Includes LED light that indicates the circuit is energized and the unit is working
• Safe, reliable and weather proof
• Five-Year Limited Warranty

Anyone have any experience with these? Thoughts?

Perpetual motion engine in disguise. They simply call this an 'undocumented feature'.

Seriously, the claims are all fine on healthy batteries. On the ruined ones: smoke and mirrors

I have a PulseTech charger and LOVE it! Bought it on the recommendation of a friend in the powersport business. I have the model that maintains 4 vehicles via a quick disconnect pigtail hardwired at each battery. This thing works great, and will seriously prolong the life of any battery you kept connected to it long term. It will also tell you if you have a bad battery that cannot be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back