Propane price coming down

Own your tank. I have a 500 gallon tank, and will be buying a 1,000 tank. $1.77 when I had it filled the beginning of June

Federal carbon tax? You've got to be kidding! What do they not tax? Electricity?
Haha. Depends on where electricity comes from. If it comes from hydro dams it’s not taxed. It it comes from coal, or natural gas it gets taxed using a formula involving all the sources. Gasoline gets a carbon tax as well.

Here’s my bill in CDN dollars. There is also provincial sales tax of 7% and the GST which is the federal goods and services tax of 5%. The ICE is the “ innovative clean energy fund” run by the BC provincial government. It all sucks.

CF242E2A-FE48-4669-BB51-C8F45602028B.jpeg

Last edited:
My friend is a podiatrist. I'm continually amazed at the level of talent and workmanship he gets done in trade for people that have issues with their feet and no insurance.
My friend does that with a HSA, and claims that over the years he now has multiples of 5 figures in the account. I dunno, haggling with medical providers isn't for me. Seriously I'm not afraid to haggle over things that are expensive, but health is simply awkward.

Net net he says you pay $20 to see your doctor, I get a bill for $130. But I won't pay $130, they'll accept $50. So I pay less per month, and over time, will have a balance multiples of $10k. You will have nothing and will have paid easily $7000/yr for nothing.

His argument is valid, especially since I didn't use the insurance (I opted for PPO, he opted for high deductible plan). But my wife working at the school district completely invalidated the way he does things ($0 deductible, 100% coverage, ex hip replacement: $100). School pays 88.25% of total premium as well.

Back