Prime Guard makes a synthetic filter also

When I was cross referencing filters, I came across this Prime Guard Synthetic. Didn’t know they made a synthetic filter. All I’ve ever seen before are the regular Prime Guards at Rural King.
IMG_0008.jpeg

Be interesting to see the price and construction, and if truly a full synthetic filter. Showing 99%@30um, not as efficient the much liked PremGuard filter sold at O'R.

Yeah, not sure the prefix acronym POS the best choice for this filter line. 😉

Last edited:
Be interesting to see the price and construction, and if truly a full synthetic filter. Showing 99%@30um, not as efficient the much liked PremGuard filter sold at O'R.

I’ve used those Premium Guards before. Not the Microgard version, but the actual Premium Guard. Even the gasket is silicone on them. Great filters. The Ecogard Synthetic+ is another good filter.

I’ve used those Premium Guards before. Not the Microgard version, but the actual Premium Guard. Even the gasket is silicone on them. Great filters. The Ecogard Synthetic+ is another good filter.
I've used the Ecogard synthetic 4612 oil filter and I agree it's a nicely made filter even though IDK it's efficiency ratings. The Prime Guard and Ecogard seem identical and I'd bet they are made by the same company....I wouldn't be surprised if the Premium Guard in the OP is the same filter as the Ecogard synthetic too.

I had gotten a good deal on a case of 12 Prime Guard POF1403's for my Malibu for $33/shipped from eBay awhile back, but the seller sent me the wrong p/n filter. Didn't have the right ones in stock either. Gave up on the whole Prime Guard thing. LOL

I’ve used those Premium Guards before. Not the Microgard version, but the actual Premium Guard. Even the gasket is silicone on them. Great filters.....
O'R Microgard Select EL also has silicone sealing gasket. Unlike adbv, not that it makes a big difference in sealing gasket, 'imo'.

Is it a SYNTHETIC oil FILTER, or a SYNTHETIC OIL filter?...
Good question. Some makers market a for synthetic oil change filter as a "Synthetic" oil filter. Sight unseen speculation, I'm going with a blended media filter.

Last edited:
O'R Microgard Premium also has silicone sealing gasket. Unlike adbv, not that it makes a big difference in sealing gasket, 'imo'.

Good question. Some makers market a for synthetic oil change filter as a "Synthetic" oil filter. Sight unseen speculation, I'm going with a blended media filter.
I like the advanced terminology. That’s what these longer drain interval filters should be labeled as. “Advanced Media, anti drain back valve and sealing gasket” for extended drain intervals.

If this filter is the same as the Premium Guard, which as you know some are, then we can see Prime Guard claiming 99%@30 while Premium Guard says 99%@25. Just an observation.

POS= Premium Oil Series? 🤷‍♂️ Sounds better than the alternative... 🤪

Back