Powdered Whole Milk?

Sidenote: I stock powdered and UHT milk for emergencies. I mean what could happen? There are cows nearby. ;) Powdered milk in an unopened package may keep for 10 years, and unopened UHT milk can last up to a year. Powdered milk saves space. I just checked my stockpile. I have ten quarts of UHT milk and I have 10 boxes with 18 powdered milk packets that make 8 oz each.

If your getting it just so its shelf stable - try Parmalat or other UHT milk. I keep a couple around in case we need milk for something and were out of the real stuff, although I guess technically its real enough.

Drank powdered milk as a kid when the real stuff ran out. Mom only went to "town" once a week for shopping. Sometimes it stretched to 2 weeks.

Went all in on this. No stank at all. Taste excellent and acceptable.

Need to stir well in coffee because supposed to dissolve in water first
IMG_7190.jpeg

So the stench of powdered milk is not from the fat content.
It could be if fat is rancid to start or just cooked and oxidized, maybe one in the same. I imagine starting with fresh milk might be best!

This has a very very mild aroma, maybe of slightly warm clean milk. But not sharp. I bought it from the big Amazon based on the fewest stench complaints. Most complaints on this one were solubility.

Or you can add it to skim milk to make it feel like regular milk.
I think that would just ruin the skim milk.

I didn't even know powdered heavy cream was a thing until I posted here and started searching..........I guess at some level it makes sense on an oil forum!!

No frunky fravor!!
Not to go off-topic but I must share my idea for powdered Chinese food. The chicken version:

Chicken skin and carcass scrapings
chicken butts
peanut oil
sesame seeds
a few peas
garlic
chili peppers
overcooked broccoli
wonton wrappers
rice
extra starch (modified)
egg
soy sauce
Hoisin sauce
vinegar
MSG
sugar
extra salt
propylene glycol, BHA, BHT, TBHQ, nitrite, citric acid, formaldehyde, senna, and loperamide (Be prepared for both potential outcomes)

Purred, freeze-dried, and hygienically packaged in convenient single-use bowls. Add water and nuke. Stir, let congeal, enjoy! I hope @AutoMechanic won't see this post. He'll get too excited with the joy of anticipation.

Last edited:
Back