Postman delivering truck parts hit my car!

One of the fobs died on my Nissan Titan and I found the cheapest route for new OEM ones is to order the remote start kit because it comes with two new fobs and a replacement hood latch. The package was just a hair too big to fit in the box so when the postman came down the driveway to drop it on the porch he backed into my Mazda and dented two panels. His insurance will cover the repair but my experience has been that a good body shop paint job looks fine when you drive it home but there’s a fairly large chance it will eventually age differently than the rest of the car and become noticeable.

In practical terms that likely means I’ll be trading for a Camry sooner than I had planned. I just hope the paint can last a couple of years before starting to fade. I don’t mind my beater car having a lot of cosmetic issues but I want to have at least one vehicle I can drive in a funeral procession without looking like a Clampett.

Bummer. I’ve owned two Mazdas and now both of them have suffered a collision. At least this one was slow, it wasn’t a deer, and it was parked, so only sheet metal was involved.

One of the fobs died on my Nissan Titan and I found the cheapest route for new OEM ones is to order the remote start kit because it comes with two new fobs and a replacement hood latch. The package was just a hair too big to fit in the box so when the postman came down the driveway to drop it on the porch he backed into my Mazda and dented two panels. His insurance will cover the repair but my experience has been that a good body shop paint job looks fine when you drive it home but there’s a fairly large chance it will eventually age differently than the rest of the car and become noticeable.

In practical terms that likely means I’ll be trading for a Camry sooner than I had planned. I just hope the paint can last a couple of years before starting to fade. I don’t mind my beater car having a lot of cosmetic issues but I want to have at least one vehicle I can drive in a funeral procession without looking like a Clampett.

Bummer. I’ve owned two Mazdas and now both of them have suffered a collision. At least this one was slow, it wasn’t a deer, and it was parked, so only sheet metal was involved.
I would say the chance of the body work being noticeable is 100%.

Again, on a sunny day, when a vehicle is clean, the paint looks like a mirror. Any body work, the reflection looks blurry. I've seen this for many decades, even on a brand new S580 next to me 2 weeks ago. One would think a S580 certainly is deserving of good body work. It really isn't. It's the system. Just like we all deserve good health care. But the system can't do it.

I hope you let the postman know what he did--I'm sorry, people need to be held accountable.

Photos please.

That sucks the guy hit your car. 🤬
He just tapped it with the spare tire on his Jeep. That’s how he managed to get the middle of the door but just the very edge of the rear quarter panel.

I kind of feel bad for the guy. We’re sort of acquaintances and he’s s actually a pretty good dude. LOL that it was on my 60th birthday. Not really the gift I was hoping for.

AFEB6D1C-45B9-4B94-B217-3BC36D9FA2F2.jpeg

That sucks. I hope they take care of him. Our mail lady knocked down our community locking mailbox. Took two months to get it fixed and we had to pick up our mail 15 minutes away at the post office. The government does nothing fast.

I'm more amazed they delivered a package.

Here if it's larger than a bubble mailer, have to drive to the postal center, about a 40 min trip.

Metal is bent at door seem. Needs body work and paint and blend.
Op already said that type of repair would be unacceptable. Maybe paintless can't make it 100% new looking. Maybe they can make the nine year old car look good from 10feet away and maybe OP would be okay with that.

Op already said that type of repair would be unacceptable. Maybe paintless can't make it 100% new looking. Maybe they can make the nine year old car look good from 10feet away and maybe OP would be okay with that.
Unfortunately paintless repair cannot help this, note missing paint and also the panel touching the door.
I

IMG_2354.jpeg

Back