Polling the Supertech Crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by StevieC
If your Walmart website is anything like ours a lot of items are available in store aren't listed online.
mad.gif

That's a good point, I'll have to look next time I go

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted by OilUzer

If you are buying a new car every 50K miles, you can even use olive oil. It has higher hths than 0Wx20
shocked2.gif
grin2.gif

Selling vehicles at 50K are generally always a considerable loss.
Why-not just find a dealer offering you a three year lease at 15k per year. Or if it's taking you longer to reach 50k, lease three years at 10-12K? Leasing is cheaper, especially when you stick to the same dealer.

Best outlets to look are dealers that sell three makes or more.
For instance: My daughter's dealer sells Honda, Kia and Nissan. Buick was also there for the past 15 years. Just recently did Buick move out to join a GMC dealer down the road.
Anyway, my daughter always gets a good deal on renewing her leases. She's renewed four consecutive times there and can't find better terms of her agreement anywhere else.

Am I a leaser?..... no way Jose! I am first and last owner of all my vehicles. I even kept a lemon for 18 years. It was a 1999 Chevy S-10. But not complaining really, considering it was the only lemon - out of the 7 new vehicles my wife and I purchased.

thumbsup2.gif

good advice!

Originally Posted by MuzzleFlash40
Anyone know if the ST made in the Ohio/Kentucky/West Virginia area is citgo or warren?

Get the UPC number off the barcode on a bottle or jug of oil in your Walmart and type it in the top space where it says "please inter the the UPC barcode".
It will pull up an MSDS that will have the manufacturers name on it.

http://msds.walmartstores.com

Been using ST 0W20 HM in my wife's '15 Legacy Limited for the last few oil changes. I have another jug of it waiting for the next change. Usually run it 5000-6000 miles depending on how the car is driven. My other two vehicles have had ST synthetic as well. A jug of the ST syn HM 5W30 is waiting to go into my old '04 forester next. For the price of a 5 qt jug of SuperTech synthetic it's tough to beat.

Sure thing, friend
Originally Posted by Sonic
Been using ST 0W20 HM in my wife's '15 Legacy Limited for the last few oil changes. I have another jug of it waiting for the next change. Usually run it 5000-6000 miles depending on how the car is driven. My other two vehicles have had ST synthetic as well. A jug of the ST syn HM 5W30 is waiting to go into my old '04 forester next. For the price of a 5 qt jug of SuperTech synthetic it's tough to beat.

Agreed it's price point is unmatched anywhere around me.

Originally Posted by StevieC
I thought it would be interesting to poll the BITOG users... Who is using Supertech and also to encourage the "Lurkers" to join and contribute as well.
1) Conventional or Synthetic
2) Grade?
3) What is your OCI?
4) How long have you used it?
5) General results on how it has worked for you?

1. Both syn and conventional.
2. 5W30 and 10W30
3. Mostly 5k, regardless. It's cheap oil, bought for that reason.
4. two years or so
21.gif
It's been two years, too soon to tell. neither vehicle has used the oil for more than about 30 or 40 thousand miles. Both vehicles are getting towards the end and wearout vs "bad oil" won't be distinguisable.

I've used ST oil before, as top-off and for full changes. Never a problem with it.
These days, their 5L jugs of full-syn for $30 are an unbeatable 'everyday' price in Canada.

I may use it again someday, but these days the house-brand I use is Canadian Tire's Motomaster...bc I used to work for them, and I still have 'points' on my CT Mastercard that will most likely for toward my next OC. Even if I don't have the points, will wait until they have a 'bonus points' day and still buy oil and filter on the CC...it just makes more sense.

Originally Posted by addyguy

I may use it again someday, but these days the house-brand I use is Canadian Tire's Motomaster...bc I used to work for them, and I still have 'points' on my CT Mastercard that will most likely for toward my next OC. Even if I don't have the points, will wait until they have a 'bonus points' day and still buy oil and filter on the CC...it just makes more sense.

Those bonus points days are awesome! If you wait to buy your synthetic oil on a day when it's 50x the points, you can often get $10 to $20 worth of CT money from that purchase! I've been racking up all kinds of CT money in the past 6 months by timing my oil purchases with those bonus days.

First post here.

1. Synthetic
2. 5W20
3. Conservative 5k
4. Two years and 40k
5. UOA didn't look any worse for engine wear than it did with Mobil 1 or Valvoline.

This was in a 2012 Ram with the 5.7 that I admittedly beat on. Would use maybe a quart of whatever you dumped in it between oil changes, was a dealership parts runner truck before I bought it so who knows how badly it was abused. I traded it in on a 2016 GMC Sierra with the L83 5.3 last September, and it's going to get fed. Supertech 0W20 or Napa 0W20 as long as I have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back