Polaris Two-Stroke ATV, need input please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new to ATV's. I have a chance to buy a 1995 Polaris 300 4x4 ATV. It is a two-stroke, oil injected engine. The current owner has had it for ten years. His elderly dad cant get around as well any more, so he got a Gator. I will attach a blade and use it to plow snow from my drive in the winter time. Are these decent ATV's? Good engines? Are parts available? Thank you in advance,

I've got two Polaris ATV's and have had numerous Polaris snowmobiles. good units. most parts should be available. I believe the engine from that era is probably made by Fuji Heavy industries. (parent of Subaru)

mine runs very well. despite some neglect

The two stroke Polaris is a simple engine, parts are interchangable from 1992 thru 2005. Alot of the 300 and 250 parts are the same. They may appear to be different because they change the body style, but the parts remain the same. There is no shortage of parts and you can buy used parts on Ebay all day long. The 300 is much higher performance than the 250, although they share all the same parts, except engine and cylinders. You will be very satisfied. I have 13 Polaris's.

The 2 stroke Polaris's are very good, my uncle had a 1994 model 400 sportsman, never gave him much trouble. now the 4 strokes are a different story. i had a Magnum 325 bought new in 2001. biggest piece of junk ever. always in the shop. my uncle had a ranch in Mississipi, I would leave it in his barn for 2 weeks at a time before it was ridden again, parked next to his hondas and kawasakis. Mine would always struggle to start, had to choke the [censored] out of it, and his 4 wheelers would start without a problem. Glad i got rid of it, it got sent to Mexico, where it belongs.

I'm not shure if my buddy's 4 wheeler was just cursed or anything but it he has a polaris 300 2 stroke and its blown up 4 times this year...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back