PNZL GLD 5w30 TDS: pre and post Dexos1Gen2

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^
Yeah, Walmart near me removed both, Pnzl Gld and QSED a little over a year ago.

Originally Posted by wemay
^^
Yeah, Walmart near me removed both, Pnzl Gld and QSED a little over a year ago.

Mine as well but they are both still available online at Walmart.

Walmart has their proven formula of $$ of sales per square foot of shelving. If a product doesn't meet thatthen it's moved or it's gone.

Hard to justify Gold when PP can be had for such a deal. I also think going with yellow bottles for all of Pennzoil's product lines was a big mistake. They all look the same. Also, I'm surprised Castrol EP gold bottle is still at Walmart.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 1JZ_E46
Hard to justify Gold when PP can be had for such a deal. I also think going with yellow bottles for all of Pennzoil's product lines was a big mistake. They all look the same. Also, I'm surprised Castrol EP gold bottle is still at Walmart.

I thought it, M1 AP and VME wouldn't last either, but so far, they're hanging in there.

Originally Posted by 1JZ_E46

Castrol gold bottle does actually sell at my Wally world.. But I bet it might have slowed down being it's over $30 now. Less than $25 is the best in terms of selling. Speaking of which.... Pennzoil Platinum was empty at me WW because price was a shade over $22.

I'm going to bump this thread again because I'm hoping one of the Pennzoil/Shell folks might see this. Where is the Pennzoil Gold? I've looked at two Walmarts nearby, Autozone, and O'reilly and it's not on the shelves of any of them. It's also not available in 5 quart jugs on Amazon either, fwiw. I'm used to not being able to find the Ultra Platinum, but it's weird that I can't find this at any store nearby.
Pennzoil 5W-30 Gold Dexos Synthetic Blend Motor Oil, 5-quart container - Walmart.com - Walmart.com

My post you quoted is over two years old, however it's still relevant. I'm curious as to why it's not on shelves anywhere.
Looking at the product page on Pennzoil's website it doesn't show a bottle anymore only the 6 gallon bay box, I'm thinking it may only be available in bulk now.

If a topic interests you start a new one. For example "Is Pennzoil Gold still available? "

Asking an off topic question on a 2 year old thread helps no one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back