Please recommend an oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll have to check out Walmart for Maxlife. I THINK I saw it there but I didn't notice what weight. I do know our local Wally world, last weekend anyway, had in 5w-30 Penzoil Platinum both high mileage and regular, for I believe $22 something for 5 quarts. That's what I put in my kid's Cherokee. They also had pretty reasonably priced Mobile 1, and Quaker State High Durability. They all seem like good choices from what you guy's have said here.

Originally Posted By: kinch1
I'll have to check out Walmart for Maxlife. I THINK I saw it there but I didn't notice what weight. I do know our local Wally world, last weekend anyway, had in 5w-30 Penzoil Platinum both high mileage and regular, for I believe $22 something for 5 quarts. That's what I put in my kid's Cherokee. They also had pretty reasonably priced Mobile 1, and Quaker State High Durability. They all seem like good choices from what you guy's have said here.

It's not from Southern Alabama.

I totally made a compulsive purchase. I was celebrating not having a mini van for the first time in 19 years and purchased an 06 Range Rover HSE. It has the 4.4 L Jaguar motor and 125k on it. That's a lot of miles but the vehicle is pristine and runs like a top. Female owner, all the maintenance done at the dealership, always garaged etc.

So, I have put 2000 miles on it and it's about ready for an oil change. No oil usage in 2000 miles. The dealership has been using Service Pro Syn Blend 5w-30. It holds 8.1 quarts. They have been doing 7,500 OCI's. However, the dealership is 35 miles one way from where I live. I would prefer not going to them for another oil change.

What would you guys recommend? The local Wally World has good deals on Pennzoil Platinum (High Mileage and the non high mileage), Quaker State Ultimate Durability, and multiple flavors of Mobile 1. I put PP 5-30 in my son's Cherokee recently with seemingly good results.

Thanks for the responses.

Hi there, kinch1! Since you're considering Pennzoil, we wanted to reach out to you and offer you a chance to participate in our Pennzoil Used Oil Analysis program. Through this study, you'll receive a sample of Pennzoil Synthetics to be tested in your Range Rover along with complimentary and unbiased lab results from Blackstone. If you're interested in participating, please send us a private message for more details. Looking forward to your response! - Gena & The Pennzoil Team

I was thinking maybe I should start using a high mileage oil as well. Is Quaker State Ultimate Durability considered a high mileage oil?

You guys are trying to troll me. You guys set the whole thing up and figured I wouldn't catch on because he's a new guy, but you're wrong, I'm not biting this time. I saw the fishing line attached to the bait.
grin2.gif

Not sure what you're referring to.

Were you a tanker by the way? I was.

Fellas I'm new here. Is this real? I will respond if it is. That would be exciting.

Go to the nearest Advance Auto Parts. Get 10 quarts of CarQuest 5w40 oil, slightly thicker grade will only benefit in that engine with such miles. Then let them give you two filters of your choice. And now you got 10 quarts of EURO oil and filters for under $45. Right now they got 5qts&filter for $21.99 deal. I just got some myself. Since your engine is over 5qts - get two oil change deals and save the extra oil and filter for later or simply return what you don't need.

Fellas I'm new here. Is this real? I will respond if it is. That would be exciting.

If you're referring to Gena Fishbeck offering you free Pennzoil, it's definitely real...there's a thread with all kinds of happy BITOGers thanking her for the free stuff. Gena is also on LinkedIn as a Pennzoil employee (googled her when she first showed up here because it seemed too good to be true).

If you're interested, PM her right quick!!

Yes it's real. Gena does represent Pennzoil, and yes you should jump at the offer. They will send you some very high quality Pennzoil products to use in your car, and a kit to get a used oil analysis at the end of the OCI.

All name-brand oils are very good oils nowadays. Not a very big difference among them. Anything that meets the manufacturer's spec is fine.

Changing the oil on a regular basis is FAR more important than whatever brand oil you run.

Enjoy the new ride! Sounds like it is very cherry... awesome for you...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back