HPL EC usage

I would dump the whole bottle of EC30 in, I few extra ounces is not going to hurt
I did dump in the entire quart and that weight was 856g. All I did was collect two 16oz bottles and verified the total weight was 817g. I just wanted to make sure the volume and weight of EC added was what I drained out by volume and weight. Making sure everything is logically correct.

Looking at the HPL 30 data sheet, the specific gravity is 0.882 g/ml that would mean 826g is in 1 qt. In other words, HPL was 30g over or an extra 1.15 fluid oz. I know hpl 30 and hpl 30 EC are different products.

Last edited:
Reactions: wlk
How much time or mileage elapsed before u did the oil change?
I ran mine for a couple months and changed the filter at about 2k miles in 2 vehicles. 3rd vehicle got it for full OCI but that was me in my vehicles with histories I knew. I think it's in the EC30 thread. I did cut all the filters open. One vehicle is on its 3rd round of EC30 because I had it. 2 others have 1 quart of 5W-30 PCMO with whichever respective oil. Full HPL would be better but my funds are nit there yet and I'm not looking to do extended OCI's.

I got the official hpl ec data sheet. The specific gravity is 0.923 g/ml or 860 g per quart. I weighted my quart and it was 856 g. Off by 4g.

IMG_7886.jpeg

For what it is worth, I switched straight to HPL, with no use of their cleaner. I put it in the two vehicles in my sig and my dads 2013 F150. The only filter to show carbon buildup was the sport trac, which I just posted in the oil filter section. Filter media from the other two vehicles were pretty boring to look at, I consider that a win!

For what it is worth, I switched straight to HPL, with no use of their cleaner. I put it in the two vehicles in my sig and my dads 2013 F150. The only filter to show carbon buildup was the sport trac, which I just posted in the oil filter section. Filter media from the other two vehicles were pretty boring to look at, I consider that a win!
Which oil(s) were you using before making the switch?

Which oil(s) were you using before making the switch?
Amsoil SS in the Subaru since 58k and Kirkland sig/supertech in the truck since 175k. Before that the owner used whatever the parts store had on sale. I suspect the SS is why subaru filter is absent the carbon bits HPL uses causes.

Back