Please Critique These Wheels! (Pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all your opinions guys!! Keep 'em coming!!

And my definition of a ricey spoiler is the kind that is aluminum or carbon fiber and isn't painted to match the rest of the car :)

The aftermarket wheels would look ok but not with the rest of the car. Maybe some factory option wheels?

the stock spoiler looks ok.. the aftermarket isnt hideous like the giant erector set looking ones I've seen but I still prefer stock. The aftermarket one is ok though.

I think part of the problem is the side view pics you took how about a 45angle instead of a 90degrees angle

also take one in sunlight and one under streetlights at night.

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Originally Posted By: Onmo'Eegusee
Bottom wheels, stock spoiler.

+1

That wing looks corny....

+2

I could go either way on the wheels, but that aftermarket spoiler....well, let's just say it's not for me.
wink.gif

The lighting angle on the second pic pronounces the wheel gap more.

I like the aftermarket wheels, but have to agree the stock spoiler looks more integrated, more suited to the car. The aftermarket one looks like its trying too hard.

Last edited:
The dark wheels look sharp......But the ricey spoiler has got to go.

But that is coming from someone who hates spoilers on road cars, even my '03 Cobra with the very discreet spoiler, I ordered as spoiler delete. Getting ready to remove and lead the spoiler thats on my GTO next spring. I hate spoilers!

I'm going to concur that the spoiler needs to go. I could go both ways on the wheels. I don't typically like black/gunmetal wheels, but they look good. Some nice gunmetal BBSes with the machined lip would look right on that car also.

Here's a rear view of the aftermarket spoiler:
22191630040_large.jpg

I did all this aftermarket stuff to my car about four years ago (age 18) and I've since grown up a bit and realized that maybe I would've better off spending the $$ elsewhere. Then again, I also realize that these things are what keeps me feeling young!!

Originally Posted By: alreadygone
Persoally, even as an "old guy"(55) I think the second pic with wheels and spoiler looks great. Neither is overdone.

Bob

Thanks it's nice to get a perspective from as many age groups as I can. And you're not old...heck you're younger than my parents are come to think of it!

Both sets of wheels suit the car, but I can't see the aftermarket wheels well enough to tell if they have fake bolt heads showing (I think I see something). If so, I'd go stock on those. The tires look like they need to be bigger to fill out the wheel well gaps.

I'd remove the spoilers. Neither look ridiculous, but I'd prefer it without.

Which wheels weigh less? That would be the set I like best.

When I had my SVT Contour, the factory 16" wheels were about 19-20# each. I replaced them with 17" wheels that were about 15.2# each.

Less rotating mass and unsprung weight means better performance.

Originally Posted By: javacontour
Which wheels weigh less? That would be the set I like best.

When I had my SVT Contour, the factory 16" wheels were about 19-20# each. I replaced them with 17" wheels that were about 15.2# each.

Less rotating mass and unsprung weight means better performance.

The aftermarket rims weigh 18.5 lbs...OEMs are 23 lbs.
Yes, less rotating mass does = better performance! Not sure if it's a placebo effect but the car does "feel" faster.

It's no placebo...it's real improvement.

I read somewhere that lowering weight by 100 lbs is like adding ten HP to your car. Now if that ten lbs is rotational mass then the improvement would be exponential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back