Pets on planes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by dnewton3
All these comments reminds me of why I just drove from IN to AZ and back for Thanksgiving ...
- I control my departure and arrival times
- I don't have to sit next to sick people
- I don't have to be around obnoxious kids
- I don't have to be exposed to other's "support" pets (I exclude true certified "service animals" in this comment; so put your objection back into your keyboard)
- I control my route; I can plan around weather delays, etc
- I don't have to relieve myself in a tiny box-like room while bouncing about
- I don't have to wait to be "connected"; sitting idle on some filthy bench while the same environment that was on the plane follows me into my waiting area
- etc

I'd rather spend two long days in the car, than get on a plane for 4 hours.

...‚

Sometimes you just have to fly, like if your travel is time sensitive or goes outside of the lower 48. That said, i do like traveling by car, I have a nice big comfortable van so that helps, and it affords you the luxury of doing some sightseeing along the way.

One thing you have to consider though is that quality of the two legged critters that are taking to the year these days days. You've got everything from junkies to winos and crazy people. It's not just a few of them either. Over the years I've noticed air travel has gone from a comfortable way to get around to the greyhound bus of the sky. The overall conditions aren't so much better either and their four-legged friends are just icing on the cake. Even worse it just keeps going downhill.
One Has to ask when somebody is going to man up and say enough is enough with all this crazy crap. The safety aspect alone is consideration enough To end the pet in the cabin insanity. Look at the trouble they've had convincing people to leave their [censored] carry-on luggage in the event of an evacuation. Idiots just won't do it. Look at that plane wreck in Russia last year with that imbecile walked Idiots just won't do it. Look at that plane wreck in Russia last year with that imbecile strollIng around the plane with that huge suitcase while the whole rear half of the fuselage was burning. You have to wonder how many of those people that died did so because of him. He wasn't the only one either. Now can you imagine when some woman loses precious Muffy after a crack up. Those folks are just gonna stand there scrambling around blocking everybody behind them and you know that's absolutely true. The inmates truly are running the asylum and Muffy belongs in the hold or at home.

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
You forgot the sick person in row 10 hacking up a lung, infected with God knows what...oh no, please don't wear a mask to keep from infecting the rest of us.
mad.gif

The commuter train I take to the city always had some old lady sounding like she was hacking up a lung. It was happening at least one week a month and was disgusting. I've switched the train times a few months ago to an earlier train but the few times I'm on that train, she's still there; coughing away.

Originally Posted by dnewton3
All these comments reminds me of why I just drove from IN to AZ and back for Thanksgiving ...
- I control my departure and arrival times
- I don't have to sit next to sick people
- I don't have to be around obnoxious kids
- I don't have to be exposed to other's "support" pets (I exclude true certified "service animals" in this comment; so put your objection back into your keyboard)
- I control my route; I can plan around weather delays, etc
- I don't have to relieve myself in a tiny box-like room while bouncing about
- I don't have to wait to be "connected"; sitting idle on some filthy bench while the same environment that was on the plane follows me into my waiting area
- etc

I'd rather spend two long days in the car, than get on a plane for 4 hours.

Amen. The freedom to do what you want, when you want, where you want is leagues better than flying.

I keep telling the wife I'm going to get an emotional support Komodo dragon. Imagine having that dude as a guard dog!

In all seriousness, this happened when we were on our honeymoon. Thankfully it wasn't our plane, but they were waiting at the gate as it was barking. A service dog (unless it's a puppy and/ or in training) is quite obvious and this was clearly not that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back