Paid posters for Auto Rx

Status
Not open for further replies.
make sense...no wonder i don't see anymore post about that junk. that's all i heard about when i first joined this site. i knew that i didn't want any parts of it.

All elixer's & cure all's in a can. The directions include using the product at least twice. Lather, rinse, repeat. Then go see the mechanic.

Last edited:
This is getting to be a very long post isn't it? Personally if I found out that somebody was getting paid to promote a product I would not believe anything that person said. I remember Indy car racers getting paid who knows how much money to promote an oil supplement or a motor oil. I remember one Indy car driver promoting one oil supplement one year and another oil supplement the next.

I still have a lot of memories about drag racers being paid to paint the name of some brand of motor oil on the side of their cars and actually using Redline or whatever in the engine of their cars.

When I came to this website a long time ago there were only a little over 1000 members here. People were talking about Auto-RX and I had a car with a small oil leak so I gave Auto-RX a try. The oil leak stopped. That is what I know.

Regardless if there are paid promoters of Auto-RX here or not remember nobody has to use Auto-RX or any other product. Unless you own a car or truck with a sludge monster engine you should be able to use any quality brand of motor oil with reasonable OCIs and drive well over 100,000 miles using the quality motor oil alone. If you think a product is baloney don't use it!

The one thing I don't like about this website are the personal attacks that some people make on other people. I have been attacked here myself. It should be possible for people to have polite conversations with each other about motor oil, oil supplements, oil filters, etc. Am I wrong?

Originally Posted By: Mystic
This is getting to be a very long post isn't it? Personally if I found out that somebody was getting paid to promote a product I would not believe anything that person said. I remember Indy car racers getting paid who knows how much money to promote an oil supplement or a motor oil. I remember one Indy car driver promoting one oil supplement one year and another oil supplement the next.

I still have a lot of memories about drag racers being paid to paint the name of some brand of motor oil on the side of their cars and actually using Redline or whatever in the engine of their cars.

When I came to this website a long time ago there were only a little over 1000 members here. People were talking about Auto-RX and I had a car with a small oil leak so I gave Auto-RX a try. The oil leak stopped. That is what I know.

Regardless if there are paid promoters of Auto-RX here or not remember nobody has to use Auto-RX or any other product. Unless you own a car or truck with a sludge monster engine you should be able to use any quality brand of motor oil with reasonable OCIs and drive well over 100,000 miles using the quality motor oil alone. If you think a product is baloney don't use it!

The one thing I don't like about this website are the personal attacks that some people make on other people. I have been attacked here myself. It should be possible for people to have polite conversations with each other about motor oil, oil supplements, oil filters, etc. Am I wrong?

+1 NICE POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted By: c3po
Originally Posted By: Mamala Bay
Today's motor oils are formulated where oil additives aren't necessary. . Reason I spoke of Amoil since I've used for many years yearly OCI averaging 12000 miles and never encountered any problems. Oil additives were never needed, Amsoil itself are formulated for extended intervals and been pleased with their products. They are balanced and overall their products are first rate.

I did use ARX for one run as a cleaner and had performance gain. I had favorable results.

Cleaning engine using Lube Control
Mamala Bay Offline

Loc: USA
I've used synthetic oil very early in my engine's life and it was clean...or I thought it was clean. When I added LC, my engine got cleaner and has stayed that way. LC is a good long term cleaner. I can't see anyone having a problem using LC from the beginning as far as keeping your engine clean. LC is one awesome product

e: Cleaning engine using Lube Control
Mamala Bay Offline

Loc: USA
My experience with using LC/FP was with a very clean engine which had 75,000 miles using synthetic oil. I thought that was the way to go with synthetic oil but with the addition of LC/FP much to my amazement the LC cleaned my engine better than with the synthetic oil. It's an awesome product I have not had any negative side effects with using LC/FP.

As regards to TheTanSedan which he went to the extreme with LC/FP...It just SHOWS how awesome LC/FP really is. From one extreme to another...From a Synthetic using engine to the engine TheTanSedan had spoken of....Folks this is one AWESOME Product!!!!

Am I correct in that you used another oil additive before ARX.

c3po are you an AMSOIL user by any chance??? I believe an Amsoil user purchased a gallon of LC and used it for an engine flush on a Volvo???

To make a long story short the gallon purchase of LC was in 30w viscosity. I gave 3 quarts for others to try. They wanted to purchase the LC but due to shipping the next order took weeks and never arrived. Either I filed a complaint with Pay Pal to get the shipment or to get my money back.

The second order was not the same as the original as being thinner in the 20wt.

OH YEA I FORGOT ABOUT LC but it was a good lesson to learn.

Last edited:
Mamala Bay, I am an Amsoil user, they make excellent products, I am currently running Amsoil 0W-20 with a quart of MMO and a can of Lubro-Moly, and I have to say that my engine seems to be enjoying the mix.

I did find your post about putting cardboard over your radiator very interesting and it may have some merits.

This is getting to be a very long post isn't it? Personally if I found out that somebody was getting paid to promote a product I would not believe anything that person said.
I notice Amsoil dealers here and others, They sell the stuff and I'll listen. This is Bob's oil website! I am not picking up that they have negatives to the other products brand names so loosely dropped in "abbreviations only" at this forum. This Auto RX there is a pressure of sorts that push the product into a status that no one can live with out it. ARX is wide spread in other automotive forums that I have frequented over the years. The SHOforum the ARX flathead was an so obnoxious and pushey about this being a cure for 150,000mi stuck oil control rings that cannot be fixed buy a liquid. You can only get the stuff online, that says alot. Why won't stores buy it? I had no Idea that MMO is regarded so highly, I have nothing against it, I just don't know a reason why it became so coveted?

Willix, I was talking about people who secretly receive some kind of payment to promote a product. The Amsoil dealers here openly advertise the fact that they are Amsoil dealers. I don't have any problem with them. They are not receiving secret payments from somebody and not admiting to it-right?

My Dad was a super auto mechanic. My Mom was an artist. I travelled a different path. I like car maintenance and I like art but I got into stuff like photography. I did not try Auto-RX because I thought my engine was sludged up. I had been doing 3000/3 month oil changes and I figured my engine was pretty clean. It fact when I first noticed the small seal leak the car was still under warranty. Maybe I should have just gone to the dealership and had them replace the seal. The main reason I tried Auto-RX was because it supposedly could stop seal leaks as long as there was no physical damage to a seal. On the other hand early Saturn cars like mine did have some sludge problems around the rings.

At any rate I tried Auto-RX and the seal leak stopped. I did not do before and after compression tests. I did not take the engine apart before and after the Auto-RX cleaning. I do not receive any payments from Frank of Auto-RX. I have no proof that the Auto-RX worked. All I know is that the seal leak stopped after I did the Auto-RX cleaning. The most I ever received from Frank of Auto-RX was the same discount he gives to anybody else if they buy more than one bottle of Auto-RX.

If I could find some product that would actually clean an engine and cost less than Auto-RX I would be the first to use it. Frank of Auto-RX actually attacked me in a post (when he was still a member here) when I said that there might be other, cheaper products that could clean an engine. Heck, Bob, the guy who started this website, recommended using Neutra to clean an engine. I tried it.

Some people are really high on MMO now. I kind of prefer using MMO in the gasoline and not the oil. You can get it at Wal-Mart for a few bucks for a bottle. I wonder if MMO would be a good fuel system cleaning product to replace this other high priced stuff.

At this time I think that Auto-RX is a good engine cleaning product. I think such a product is needed for high mileage/older engines because I think an engine that is clean on the inside probably runs a lot better than one that is dirty on the inside. If some other product such as MMO would work just as well that is great. MMO is cheaper and you can get it at Wal-Mart. I have thought about trying Lubegard Engine Flush myself.

Instead of people attacking each other here maybe it would be nice if somebody who has tried some product reported his experience. That would benefit everybody. Nobody is required to accept what somebody says here. I just would like some polite discussion about various motor oils, oil filters, etc.

Now if somebody here was receiving some kind of under the table payments I have no respect for people like that. But I was not refering to Amsoil dealers who openly state that they are Amsoil dealers.

nteresting willix.

You start a thread on post #1741872 - 01/13/10 04:58 PM "Where can you buy AutoRX" when just a few minutes before you wrote on post #1741867 01/13/10 04:55 PM "You can only get the stuff online, that says alot. Why won't stores buy it"?

Seems to me you are either trolling, starting another bash AutoRX thread, bored or paid by?????

Re: Cermax seem to work [Re: Shelby]
Frank

Loc: Jacksonville Beach Fl If you want results that won't fail clean your engine with Auto-Rx and use AMSOIL don't want AMSOIL go with Schaeffer's Moly. All these products have MSDS Information so you know what your putting in your engine.Products with patents give you the number of the patent. Be an informed consumer.

Edited by Frank (07/17/07 11:59 PM)

I found this post from ARX in a Cermax thread back in 2007, seems there was alot of hostility towards Cermax back then, everyone seemed to be asking questions and wanting proof that the product worked as advertised. There was talk of patents and claims that Cermax was a snake oil.

I remember saying to myself, this kind of negativity will never happen with arx, guess I was wrong.

If a product is total junk and useless it does not matter how many under the table paid promoters there are of that product. It will become obvious soon enough that the product is no good. Unless we are all under the influence of some collective delusion.

Auto-RX was mainly intended to clean dirty engines internally and also to stop seal leaks caused by sludge preventing oil from reaching the seals. It should be obvious that if the product was used on a brand new engine there would probably not be great results. The new engine should be clean. Some people tried Auto-RX on brand new engines.

Other people who badmouthed the product seemed to be unable to follow the directions for use. For example I kept seeing people who repeatedly asked if they could use synthetic oil with the Auto-RX.

A lot of people complained about the cost of Auto-RX. If somebody is trying to get a few more miles out of a car with 250,000 miles on it I fail to see how Auto-RX is too expensive. If you want guaranteed results go with the remanufactured engine for $3000.00 or whatever. The remanufactured engine probably comes with a guarantee.

If you want a really cheap alternative get some Neutra or MMO and give them a try.

Or don't use any oil supplements at all. Personally I don't believe in 99% of these supplements.

There are some motor oils that are supposed to clean the internal parts of engines. Mobil 1 High Mileage motor oil for example. Use an oil like that to keep your engine clean.

I don't know why there are these accusations that some people took payment under the table to promote Auto-RX. Did some people actually admit to such? Were some people caught doing this? Where do these accusations come from?

If somebody does not like Auto-RX they should not use it. There are alternatives. Give Neutra a try. How about MMO? Use Mobil 1 High Mileage motor oil. Use any good brand of conventional motor oil and change it at reasonable OCIs. But attacking Auto-RX in post after post gets kind of old. That would be like somebody picking a certain brand of oil (Pennzoil, Castro, Valvoline, Redline, Amsoil, Mobil 1, whatever) and in post after post attacking that brand of motor oil. People would get tired of it. If you don't like that brand don't use it. Seriously if somebody here posted 500 posts about how Pennzoil is no good somebody would probably reply to the guy to use something else. There are different brands available.

If somebody knows for a fact that some people were paid under the table to promote a product I would like to see the proof.

If somebody can prove once and for all that Auto-RX is no good I would like to see their proof. Prove it to me with good proof and I will stop using the stuff. I can go back to just good quality motor oil with nothing added. Heck, I can give Neutra another try. Bob used it.

Never heard of an engine ruined by ARX. Or by MMO for that matter.

As for directions for ARX.

I still have a bottle and a half of what I bought 5-6 years ago.

1: Add one bottle of Auto-Rx to your existing oil. Change oil filter only.

2: Drive 1,500 miles, then change oil and filter.

3: Drive 2,000 miles with just your new oil.

4: Repeat processs if vehicle has over 100,000 miles.

5: For complete application instructions visit www.auto-rx.com

So, if my exsisting oil is M1 0w-40, I can add it, per #1.

Other additives I've used, MMO, Restore, Rislone, for example, tell me everything I need to know right on the bottle. No need to visit a site.

Now, I know that said instructions are no longer valid, but there you are.

For purpose of disclosure, I'm about 600 miles into a clean phase. (No, I'm not using 0w-40, but Castrol 5w-40.)

After 2K miles, I'll pull the filter, put it side by side with the last one, which was used for 2K miles of an MMO treatment, and post a pic of them.

I intend to run 8K clean, followed by 8K rinse.

If a product is total junk and useless it does not matter how many under the table paid promoters there are of that product. It will become obvious soon enough that the product is no good. Unless we are all under the influence of some collective delusion.

Auto-RX was mainly intended to clean dirty engines internally and also to stop seal leaks caused by sludge preventing oil from reaching the seals. It should be obvious that if the product was used on a brand new engine there would probably not be great results. The new engine should be clean. Some people tried Auto-RX on brand new engines.

Other people who badmouthed the product seemed to be unable to follow the directions for use. For example I kept seeing people who repeatedly asked if they could use synthetic oil with the Auto-RX.

A lot of people complained about the cost of Auto-RX. If somebody is trying to get a few more miles out of a car with 250,000 miles on it I fail to see how Auto-RX is too expensive. If you want guaranteed results go with the remanufactured engine for $3000.00 or whatever. The remanufactured engine probably comes with a guarantee.

If you want a really cheap alternative get some Neutra or MMO and give them a try.

Or don't use any oil supplements at all. Personally I don't believe in 99% of these supplements.

There are some motor oils that are supposed to clean the internal parts of engines. Mobil 1 High Mileage motor oil for example. Use an oil like that to keep your engine clean.

I don't know why there are these accusations that some people took payment under the table to promote Auto-RX. Did some people actually admit to such? Were some people caught doing this? Where do these accusations come from?

If somebody does not like Auto-RX they should not use it. There are alternatives. Give Neutra a try. How about MMO? Use Mobil 1 High Mileage motor oil. Use any good brand of conventional motor oil and change it at reasonable OCIs. But attacking Auto-RX in post after post gets kind of old. That would be like somebody picking a certain brand of oil (Pennzoil, Castro, Valvoline, Redline, Amsoil, Mobil 1, whatever) and in post after post attacking that brand of motor oil. People would get tired of it. If you don't like that brand don't use it. Seriously if somebody here posted 500 posts about how Pennzoil is no good somebody would probably reply to the guy to use something else. There are different brands available.

If somebody knows for a fact that some people were paid under the table to promote a product I would like to see the proof.

If somebody can prove once and for all that Auto-RX is no good I would like to see their proof. Prove it to me with good proof and I will stop using the stuff. I can go back to just good quality motor oil with nothing added. Heck, I can give Neutra another try. Bob used it.

Arx was promoted VERY strongly on this site and others, Some people were really Blasted on line, and had 'unpleasant experiences' off line, after even mild criticism of Arx. I guess the resentment in some still lingers.
The proof you ask for would be very hard to deliver, and So what?
I really hope that this forum can get back to an open exchange of information regarding Oil additives, without personal confrontations.
I'm glad Arx worked for you, It did not do much for me.
I'm glad MMO has worked for some here. I Have not tried it, and will proberbly wait a little (to see some UOA's) before I do.
This site should be about sharing information, not hurling insults at each other.

any negatives of auto rx?
Terry

Loc: Greenville , Texas Herky, I suggest you reconsider Auto-RX for valid reasons. Tony that webpage by Aaron is one of many !

I also ask that if you are associated with any competing additive that is manufactured in the NW US please disclose that up front.

Auto-RX is a small company of essentially 2 chemists who developed the technolgy after one of them got cancer ( from what he believes are the solvents used in the printing industry fluids he worked with). They can't afford independent large scale labs to run in depth testing at their expense.
Since they are chemists they understand what the product is capable of. and honestly attempt to share that.

It seems that ARX understands what there product is capable of, but without independent tests we really do not know what the product can do in our engines. It seems that anyone buying the product and reporting there results back is doing the real testing and when arx does not like the feedback they get from customers of the product they make excuses. I do not believe for a minute that everyone who has reported bad results with arx is doing something wrong.

I know some of you will say that it is product evolution in the sense that arx was originally designed for and used in the printing industry and then promoted to be used in our engines, but what arx does in a printing press does not mean it is going to do the same thing in our engines, and without independent tests we will continue arguing about arx.

Mystic- may I suggest you read this thread prior to this post of yours to answer that question.

Originally Posted By: moving2

Mystic- may I suggest you read this thread prior to this post of yours to answer that question.

Loc: Maryland C3PO
Level 1 - 1 to 50 posts
Posted Sun January 03 2010 04:55 PM Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frank Miller:
The posts are from users be careful of your sentences in your post.You were a paid poster for Auto-Rx and now over some point of anger over a issue of your making you post against Auto-Rx .

Originally Posted By: expat
It did not do much for me.
I'm glad MMO has worked for some here. I Have not tried it, and will proberbly wait a little (to see some UOA's) before I do.
This site should be about sharing information, not hurling insults at each other.

There are a few UOA's with MMO and they're all pretty good. A few people commented about it lowering the TBN but there weren't any VOA's from their batch of oil done to give a starting point for TBN. For me TBN doesn't matter that much since I don't go for extended drains.

I suggest you continue to read and investigate, and pull the trigger if and only if you feel comfortable using the product. If you really want to give it a shot ease into it with a pint of the last 1000 miles of your OCI. Many people I suggested that to did it and were happy, then either repeated it, or ran it a full OCI. HTH

Last edited:
Seeing as I'm in Canada, I'll have to wait until I cross the border anyway. Sure I'll pick some up, if only for the gas tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back