Paid posters for Auto Rx

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I'm not calling you a shill. But how do I know that you're not one? How do I know that Turtle Wax isn't freeloading on BITOG through you? ..or even if they were a paid sponsor that requested that they not be identified as a sponsor and were relying on "testimonials" from someone like yourself and others to promote the product?

What would be different in appearance? That's why I kinda found it funny that someone who allegedly has no dog in the fight having such opinions of others ..calling them shills. As though you're the only one who could be passionate about the product and comment upon it while being totally clean and free from outside influence or motivation.

Truth is that anyone who comments on Auto-Rx gets driven out here and you and others insist on promoting MMO ...

..for no other reason that some "passion" for the product?

Just apply the same standard to others that you apply to yourself ...or don't
55.gif

cheers3.gif

We can go round and round here Gary. I was echoing someone else's comments that's all. Seems others think there are some A-Rx shills on the board, I agree. I don't think anyone thinks Turtle Wax is prompting me. Bottom line is there are some people who actually admitted to get compensated from Frank. Do you really think Turtle Wax cares what goes on here? Do you really think they pay me?

Remember how people almost feared to mention cleaning an engine if they didn't mention A-Rx? Not long ago anyone who mentioned MMO got driven out of here. I'm not driving anyone out of here, and I haven't attacked anyone. I have defended myself, just like anyone else would.

Maybe we should agree to disagree and take this to PM land? I really don't like fighting in cyberspace, especially with someone I like and respect. GTG to go now, I have an appointment.

Again, Frank, no offense, I'm just asking you to step out of the bubble for a minute and consider how it would appear for some alien traveler sitting in orbit observing Frank Miller and demarpaint. While you're not attacking anyone, it would be viewed as just a more sensible way to behave with identical goals. Now the motivations may be different, but how does one understand that without reading minds?

What I'm asking is ..how does one distinguish you from a shill? Would a shill lie about being paid? Probably. THIS IS NOT TO SUGGEST THAT YOU'RE LYING. It merely asks, what would be different if you were? Would you not continue to promote the product relentlessly? Would you not include it in every post possible? Would you not deny being paid? So how does the casual, independent, and unbiased observer distinguish you from a shill? How do we KNOW that Turtle Wax hasn't hired you? We can't. We can only take your word for it ..and while that's good enough for me (most importantly), why is it good enough for you?

In short: If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, and flaps like a duck, what makes anyone think that it's not a duck?

Originally Posted By: sprintman
Greengoose I don't hate you, sorry 'bout that. You live in a small sad place so I understand.

Aww, come on - don't be a sore loser. Let your hatred flow through you!

There are many products like Amsoil that are sold through small independent dealers. It is very tempting to come on the net and and create a buzz for what you are selling. BITOG has a number of people with a Amsoil avatar. I may or may not agree with what they post sometimes, but I respect their integrity of revealing what they are. There aren't any members I suspect of secretly benefiting from Amsoil. However, there are a bunch of fanboys I strongly suspect have an interest in the products they push. I think naming names would violate the rules here and as pointed out, it is pretty obvious who is doing it.

Originally Posted By: labman
There are many products like Amsoil that are sold through small independent dealers. It is very tempting to come on the net and and create a buzz for what you are selling. BITOG has a number of people with a Amsoil avatar. I may or may not agree with what they post sometimes, but I respect their integrity of revealing what they are. There aren't any members I suspect of secretly benefiting from Amsoil. However, there are a bunch of fanboys I strongly suspect have an interest in the products they push. I think naming names would violate the rules here and as pointed out, it is pretty obvious who is doing it.

Do you think MMO is kicking me back any cash? If you answer correctly there could be a few bottles in it for you.
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
I have lost so much respect for so many people because of this thread.

Especially you, c3po. You're coming off as more of a shill for MMO than you were for Auto RX. Never again will I take anything you say seriously.

Re: MMO [Re: Canawler]
chevrofreak Offline

Loc: Billings, MT
Originally Posted By: Canawler
Now to really give in to the dark side and put some in your crankcase!

I recently did this and I swear I'm seeing about 10-15% more oil pressure. And that was from only about 4 ounces.

After what you said about MMO increasing your oil pressure.

NEVER AGAIN WILL I TAKE ANYTHING YOU SAY SERIOUSLY

With my car thinner oil gives more oil pressure. It really is that simple. More oil pressure doesn't mean a darned thing. What it proves is that MMO thins the oil, and nothing else.

This thread is funny. I have used MMO to winterize engines and clean a dirty lifter (along with a quart of rislone) in a Chrysler T&C 3.8L engine. Worked very well. But I would never add MMO to the crankcase on anything that was not already sludged. It is simply a solvent cleaner nothing more nothing less. AutoRx? Never tried it but the concept of a non-solvent type cleaner makes more sense to me. I have actually had the best cleanup in a dirty engine (Honda CRV) using PP 5w20 over about 20-25,000 miles.

SO, who can possible take these additives seriously? As for undercover paid promoters? They are everywhere. The GM employees who feel guilty or ashamed are very easy to spot.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Do you think MMO is kicking me back any cash?

no i don't, and i don't recall you bashing other products. if everyone were as level-headed these threads would not exist.

I am glad that c3po came clean (trusting his exposure of his private correspondences is unaltered) but it still reflects a betrayal of trust to members on this board. what can you do to make that right? same goes for the owner, but he no longer posts here anymore. and your purpose for doing this is to give weight to your position that ARx is ineffective, with the other bashers. I think you should consider that if ARx is effective in any way, then you are participating in a form of harassment.

for the record, i purchased 4 bottles from 2007-2008. still have one bottle left and only used it for clean phase, no maint dose. i'm curious why you don't bash LC20, which is similar in chemistry and action

Originally Posted By: PT1
The GM employees who feel guilty or ashamed are very easy to spot.

Is there any thread or topic that you cant find a way to denegrate GM or it's employees?

And for the record, I dont currently or have I ever worked for GM. My loyalties lie further down Michigan Ave in Dearborn, thank you very much.

It's not guilt or shame that prompts people to defend GM around here. It's posts like yours that continually and for no apparent reason bring GM bashing into places it doesn't belong. What shame or guilt are you carrying around that compels you to continue this practice? What skeletons are in your closet?

Do you think MMO is kicking me back any cash? If you answer correctly there could be a few bottles in it for you.
cheers3.gif

Bottles of what? I tend to view MMO and other oil additives as all snake oil and haven't followed your posts that carefully. I certainly don't remember reporting any as personal attacks on me. The right stuff, I might be interested.

cheers3.gif

Bottles of what? I tend to view MMO and other oil additives as all snake oil and haven't followed your posts that carefully. I certainly don't remember reporting any as personal attacks on me. The right stuff, I might be interested.

I recall reading your views on oil additives in general, and respect them. I also enjoy reading your contributions on the board. I was trying to lighten things up a bit that's all. No reason for me to attack you or anyone else!
cheers3.gif

BTW I could use some of the right stuff myself. Maybe some Stoli Raspberry. LOL

Originally Posted By: [RT
ProjUltraZ]
demarpaint said:
Do you think MMO is kicking me back any cash?

no i don't, and i don't recall you bashing other products. if everyone were as level-headed these threads would not exist.

Thanks for the kind words.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Onmo'Eegusee
Arx has worked for me in every app Ive used it in. Im happy.

Then by all means continue using it!

I have used Auto-Rx and worked for me. The results may vary from customer to customer. I believe much of the value came from giving the product the time stated on the directions for the full clean and rinse phases not the hurry up stuff. The people that are now coming clean that were paid to prop it up should be very ashamed. The guy that drove the El Camino is very dishonest.

We can go round and round here Gary. I was echoing someone else's comments that's all. Seems others think there are some A-Rx shills on the board, I agree. I don't think anyone thinks Turtle Wax is prompting me. Bottom line is there are some people who actually admitted to get compensated from Frank. Do you really think Turtle Wax cares what goes on here? Do you really think they pay me?

Remember how people almost feared to mention cleaning an engine if they didn't mention A-Rx? Not long ago anyone who mentioned MMO got driven out of here. I'm not driving anyone out of here, and I haven't attacked anyone. I have defended myself, just like anyone else would.

Maybe we should agree to disagree and take this to PM land? I really don't like fighting in cyberspace, especially with someone I like and respect. GTG to go now, I have an appointment.

I remember those days, it seems like 99% of the threads in this section were of ARX and if anyone even mentioned another product they were hounded with post after post of people saying anything else is snake oil or don't use any additives in your oil, well except ARX. I do not believe you are being paid by Turtle Wax.

Originally Posted By: postjeeprcr
I do not believe you are being paid by Turtle Wax.

Good them my cover is working. LOL j/k.......Thanks Buddy!
cheers3.gif

RedOak The people that are now coming clean that were paid to prop it up should be very ashamed. The guy that drove the El Camino is very dishonest. [/quote said:
Why? That is absurd! The harassment that was leveled against many members here created a venomous toxic environment (that obviously lingers today), and thanks to people who have spilled the beans, we know why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back