Over ranked OSU loses already

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Al
Originally Posted By: billpace1956
If they win the Big Ten and go to a very good bowl game, good for them!

If they win the Big Ten they should go to the Playoffs...Now if they were named PSU who won the B-10, and beat tOSU and did Not make the playoffs..Not arguing with y ou. And as much as I hate tOSU (in Sports) no one (with any sense) can say they are not consistantly good.

*1000 sir

PSU seems to be coming around good. I loved coachs comment on whuppin Pitt
smile.gif

I am no Urban Meyer fan but OSU is a top team almost every year.
Last night Okla.just put a good old fashioned whipping on em.
I really like the way Baker Mayfield plays qb.
Reminds me of a young Favre. Real exciting and fun to watch.
If he can keep his head straight his future is bright.

Originally Posted By: car51

PSU seems to be coming around good. I loved coachs comment on whuppin Pitt
smile.gif

Honestly they did not have a very good game on Sat. The vaunted Moorehead coached a terrible first half. And both the O line and D line did not impress me. Thank goodness we have a good kicking game. And putting Barkley in to run back kickoff???[censored]??

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Dallas69
I am no Urban Meyer fan but OSU is a top team almost every year.
Last night Okla.just put a good old fashioned whipping on em.
I really like the way Baker Mayfield plays qb.
Reminds me of a young Favre. Real exciting and fun to watch.
If he can keep his head straight his future is bright.

^^ this.and, billpace1956's post are true.

grampi -- to say that they might not belong in the top 25 is laughable. you have a mad on for osu, so they are "consistently over ranked", and the rankings are "fixed". hilarious.
where is antique when we need him ?
like the team, or not,their excellence cannot be denied. read billpace's post.

you seem to be reasonably intelligent, so I don't buy what you state in your sports related threads/posts.methinks that you are just trying to stir up sports fans/feces by stating things that are untrue.at any rate, it's all good entertainment.
have a good evening, all.
btw -- I'm no osu fan, but a fan of excellent teams.

Very good post JHZR2. One thing I will say though is this... I watched the show about the Miami Hurricanes football program bringing in lots of money to the school. Which helped the school grow and build during the football teams heydays.

Yup, it's just to pump up the ego of a select few at these universities. The Jerry Sandusky scandal is a prime example of football over anything else.

Originally Posted By: billpace1956
So, When Ohio State won the National Championship in Jan.2015 they were overrated? And then the next year when they went 12-1 and beat Notre Dame in their bowl game were they were overrated that year too? You,of course can have your own opinion, but NOT your own facts. And, in the years 2012 and 2013 they won 25 games in a row. Do you not understand how good you have to be to do something like that? Were you upset that they were winning so much? What did they ever do to you to make you feel that way? Wow! Even if they win the rest of their games this year I don't think they will make the playoff this year. There are too many other good teams. So what if they don't make the playoff? If they win the Big Ten and go to a very good bowl game, good for them! I like ALL of the college football games and All of the teams and enjoy watching ALL of them. Alabama will probably win the NC this year, but Oklahoma with that Baker Mayfield could give them a good run! That could be very exciting to watch. Too bad you'll miss that great game if it happens! I feel sorry for you Grampi.

A lot of teams win national championships. Does that mean they automatically should be ranked in the top 5 every year? Doesn't it seem odd to you that this team is ALWAYS ranked so high, even with the amount of player turnover there is in college football? Urban Myers has a heck of a resume, but he's not God, but he and other coaches like Sabin are treated like Gods. There's no way OSU should've started the season ranked #2 given the way they were blown out in the play offs last year...

Originally Posted By: grampi
A lot of teams win national championships. Does that mean they automatically should be ranked in the top 5 every year? Doesn't it seem odd to you that this team is ALWAYS ranked so high, even with the amount of player turnover there is in college football? Urban Myers has a heck of a resume, but he's not God, but he and other coaches like Sabin are treated like Gods. There's no way OSU should've started the season ranked #2 given the way they were blown out in the play offs last year...

A program like OSU consistently recruits a substantial number of the nation's most coveted high school athletes. I suppose the presumption is that when a program replaces outgoing elite-level athletes with elite-level athletes the quality of the program will remain consistently high.

Originally Posted By: uc50ic4more

A program like OSU consistently recruits a substantial number of the nation's most coveted high school athletes. I suppose the presumption is that when a program replaces outgoing elite-level athletes with elite-level athletes the quality of the program will remain consistently high.

That can be said about many of the schools, but other than Alabama, I don't see the other programs ranked as high as OSU is every year...no, I think there's something else to it other than their recruiting prowess...

Originally Posted By: gman2304
The rankings mean something the last game of the year, not the first!

Then why do they even bother ranking teams before the last game?

How about those Indians. Never mind OSU. They started their win streak 8/24. At the beginning of the year they looked very average, not anymore.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: gman2304
The rankings mean something the last game of the year, not the first!

Then why do they even bother ranking teams before the last game?

Ratings, clicks, discussions! Those rankings also inform or perhaps influence the committee that determines the playoff teams. It's just the Associated Press telling us who they think is the best because they get a response when they do it.

Originally Posted By: yeti
Originally Posted By: Uregina09
I can't believe people sit around watching the idiot box - and sports no less.
whistle.gif

o.k., pop.
the board misses your posts.
crackmeup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back