OReilly's order pickup

Anyone else use it and how's it working for you? Got to say the store close to me is terrible. Sometimes if the price isn't much difference and I'd like it quicker I'll just order it online and do the free pick it up. Saves two trips there and there's always a line well because you know.. they don't know what car they have or the person behind the desk don't know how to search.

So far they've messed up two orders, one other order I sent to another store and went through like it should of! I forgot this time. First they don't check it in so I just go in blind hoping it's there when they said. Usually it takes them forever to find it. This time I told make sure you check it out properly or I else I won't be charged. Well all they did was set the order to ready for pickup like they should of when it showed up. I bet I won't get charged again. I pretty sure last time I got refunded since they didn't check it out. So now I'll have the delimina of going back and paying for it.. it's a $2.63 part. I bet that would blow their minds and they wouldn't know how to handle that either! Should of just stuck to Rockauto and order a bunch of parts to equal out the shipping.

There's one just around the corner from me. I've used the order pick up 3 or 4 times, always been exactly what I ordered and usually ready within an hour. I've got no complaints, but I've probably got an above average store.

One store staffed mostly by people who don’t have a lot of experience with cars tends to be the one that I need to wait while they figure out my online order and that I really truly paid for it.

The other one has guys who have done some work themselves and know the process for online pickup orders. It goes faster there, and if I run into an issue (like my new O’Reillys Grand Marquis alternator that went nuts and overcharged my Motorcraft battery into its early, hissy, fizzing death today with 18 volts of power), they work to make it right. 😑

So it’s whichever store you get.

Use online order once said the part was in. Drove 25 miles wasn't in 11 am. They said around 1 pm they get a delivery. Had lunch, a walk in a park then i went back and picked up the part. Small town living.

I've had the local store get stuff from other O'Reillys in the area if they were out of stock. My local O'Reilly is on my way home so I just swing by and pick it up. As mentioned before, quality of service varies from store to store. I've done the same with the local AutoZone. Similar results.

My O'Reilly's is 1/4 mile from my house so when I need something I just drive up there. I always run into someone I know and most of the staff are friendly and interesting in some way or another.

I take my part numbers with me so I know precisely what I am getting. I check inventory before I go so I know what is there and what will need to be ordered. My on-line orders don't automatically tally up my military discount so that is a 10% benefit when I pay in the store. They gladly take my used oil with no hassles or unnecessary dialogue and they're just a friendly group of people when compared to AutoZone and Advance Auto Parts which sit directly across the street.

Of the three box stores, O'Reilly's is my go-to place. I won't even darken the door steps of the other two. Advance recently got a new CEO so we'll see if anything changes. I don't even like saying the AutoZone word in my household so I'll just leave it at that.

What makes you think you have an above average store? No kidding.

There was once an Advance near me which had been a large speed shop. That AAP was indeed superior.
Above average now is a pretty low standard. Pretty much if they can communicate and understand, run the checkout system, and not screw anything else up.

Above average now is a pretty low standard. Pretty much if they can communicate and understand, run the checkout system, and not screw anything else up.
Years ago I tried getting a warehouse delivery job with Autozone. I was told I was over qualified.

My O'Reilly's is 1/4 mile from my house so when I need something I just drive up there. I always run into someone I know and most of the staff are friendly and interesting in some way or another.

I take my part numbers with me so I know precisely what I am getting. I check inventory before I go so I know what is there and what will need to be ordered. My on-line orders don't automatically tally up my military discount so that is a 10% benefit when I pay in the store. They gladly take my used oil with no hassles or unnecessary dialogue and they're just a friendly group of people when compared to AutoZone and Advance Auto Parts which sit directly across the street.

Of the three box stores, O'Reilly's is my go-to place. I won't even darken the door steps of the other two. Advance recently got a new CEO so we'll see if anything changes. I don't even like saying the AutoZone word in my household so I'll just leave it at that.
Thanks for that info.. now I know why the advance auto in my area was getting a little "odd" in how they were treating customers.. just seemed distant/didn't care. No one was in that store, and just a year or so earlier was very busy. Glad to hear they're changing the CEO.. maybe that will help.. found this article

The new CEO is name O'Kelly.. ironic, isn't it? O'Kelly going after O'reilly! lol..

I have seen my O'reilly getting much, much better in the last year or two.. service, house branded parts (air filters, oil filters).. Of course couldn't mention the house brand oil filters without acknowledging Premium Guard's rebranded MicroGard Select oil filter.. love the quality I've been seeing with the cut/show here!

I will add there is another Oreilly around here that has the most sullen, annoyed woman at the counter who could care less to say two words to you.. I don't go in there any more.. don't care for whatever is causing her attitude..

Back