O'Reilly Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know who make O'Reilly's Motor Oil? Conventional, H.M. and Synthetic? How does everyone feel about an 6-8 month OCI on it?
Thanks,

Vinnie

Originally Posted By: fauxchemist
Regardless of the brand you should be able to go one year between oil changes.

some miles driven is usually helpful.... OP? Which car?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: vwalburn
Does anyone know who make O'Reilly's Motor Oil? ....

Vinnie

O'Reilly faq...
"O'Reilly's brand of oil is manufactured and packaged by Omni Specialty Packaging. Omni is an independent lubricant manufacturer in Shreveport, LA."

Originally Posted By: fauxchemist
Regardless of the brand you should be able to go one year between oil changes.

This statement depends very much on the miles, the driving conditions, and the specific engine at hand.

A one year blanket recommendation for oci is not wise or good advice without knowing driving conditions, syn or conventional oil, equipment, etc.

Originally Posted By: Mackelroy
I was told orilies brand multi vis is made by EXXON/mobil, Its smells just like exxon superflow too

confused.gif

Originally Posted By: Mackelroy
I was told orilies brand multi vis is made by EXXON/mobil, Its smells just like exxon superflow too

Who told you??

There are plenty of threads referencing this subject. Here is a fresh link to the O'Reilly Lube Tech FAQ:

http://www.oreillylubetech.com/faq.html#Q1

Question: Who makes O'Reilly's brand of oil?
Answer: O'Reilly's brand of oil is manufactured and packaged by Omni Specialty Packaging. Omni is an independent lubricant manufacturer in Shreveport, LA. While Omni is not affiliated with any "major" manufacturer, we do buy our base oils from companies like Exxon/Mobil and Shell. Lubrizol Corporation manufactures Omni's additives. Lubrizol is the largest lubricant additive manufacturer in the world.

My Civic has a factory 10K mile oil change interval. Twice I have run O'Reilly Synthetic 5w20, once for 10K and once for 11K. I couldn't tell the difference between it, Mobil 1, or Valvoline SynPower. No difference in mpg or oil usage either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back