oil for new scag with 26 hp kohler

Any reputable brand will work just fine. If they work good enough to protect an expensive car engine, they will work just fine in your Kholer.
i got a cheap one today and changed the oil at 5 hours. i know the rec is 20 but the oil was grey from wear metals soni changed it. used rotella 15w40. ill probably change it again in 10 hours or so and use a wix.

there is one place, about an hour away. i could check it out next time im in the neighborhood.
I wouldn't drive an hour for ethanol free fuel. I've had zero issues using E10 gas in my equipment. The key is using Sta-bil Marine in the fuel, and if the machine is sitting for an extended period of time, like several months or weeks without use, install a fuel shut-off and let it run out of fuel before storage.

SAE 30 or 15w-40 will work excellent. I have experimented with those and 10w-30 in my JD zero turn. I expected straight 30 to minimize oil consumption, but it seems to like 15w-40 the best.

I wouldn't drive an hour for ethanol free fuel. I've had zero issues using E10 gas in my equipment. The key is using Sta-bil Marine in the fuel, and if the machine is sitting for an extended period of time, like several months or weeks without use, install a fuel shut-off and let it run out of fuel before storage.
Just don't use Sta-bil Marine in equipment stored in an attached garage, unless you enjoy the smell of fuel.

i got a cheap one today and changed the oil at 5 hours. i know the rec is 20 but the oil was grey from wear metals soni changed it. used rotella 15w40. ill probably change it again in 10 hours or so and use a wix.
I have a new mower too. It’s a Gravely Pro Turn 160 with a 26.5hp Yamaha engine. It now has 4.4 hours on it and I will change the oil after my next mowing. Frankenbrew going in.

Back