Kohler 7000 series no power

I have a 26 hp Kohler series 7000 KT745 engine that started earlier this year falling on its face / loss of power after about 1 hour of mowing.

it has 330 run hours, it started when blades were engaged then started doing it when it was just running no clutch engagement..
i have replaced engine oil, carb, fuel pump & filter & shut off valve, fuel line, plugs, coil packs, battery, air filter, clutch, drive and blade belts, cleaned out the fuel tank blown lines cleaned ran with cap on and cracked open.
it is progressively getting worse as far as acting up with less run time before it dies.

i have changed the above mentioned parts one at a time to see what it was but it didn't matter.
brought it in to local guy and he cleaned carbon out of engine but that didn't help either.

i have checked voltage charging battery when running and it is at 13.5 volts
has anyone else had isuues like this?
what else could it be?

thanks in advance.

I have a 26 hp Kohler series 7000 KT745 engine that started earlier this year falling on its face / loss of power after about 1 hour of mowing.

it has 330 run hours, it started when blades were engaged then started doing it when it was just running no clutch engagement..
i have replaced engine oil, carb, fuel pump & filter & shut off valve, fuel line, plugs, coil packs, battery, air filter, clutch, drive and blade belts, cleaned out the fuel tank blown lines cleaned ran with cap on and cracked open.
it is progressively getting worse as far as acting up with less run time before it dies.

i have changed the above mentioned parts one at a time to see what it was but it didn't matter.
brought it in to local guy and he cleaned carbon out of engine but that didn't help either.

what else could it be?

thanks in advance.
Have you checked the valve clearance? I've got the 22hp version of that motor and at 50 hours, the valves were pretty far out of adjustment.

I can't remember from when I did mine, but I think the valve covers are just sealed with RTV, and they're easy to get off. Super easy job as far as valve adjustments go.

what else could it be?

thanks in advance.
What is the voltage when it stalls? How old is the battery? Could be something as simple as the neutral safety switch.

Have you checked the valve clearance? I've got the 22hp version of that motor and at 50 hours, the valves were pretty far out of adjustment.

I can't remember from when I did mine, but I think the valve covers are just sealed with RTV, and they're easy to get off. Super easy job as far as valve adjustments go.
Agree, most likely the valves are tight.

Back