Oil Filter Switched at Store - Check Your Filters!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Onug
I don't know why anyone shops at Walmart anymore. I've had issues with buying oil there as have others. Not surprised about filters either. Is it a retail store or a fleemart? If jack wagons take the time to swap filters to save $2, what else in the store are they destroying? It's not worth my time or the risk.

Shop WM all the time, never had any problems with oil or filter purchases, as been stated earlier check your items before buying, seen people just walk by and grab and go, these are the FOOLS who get home and cry.
lol.gif

I never purchased an oil filter without looking inside. I have read that some even return oil and filters with the used stuff inside. Walmart is the favorite hangout for these bums.

Fram Ultra boxes are sealed on top but very easy to open from the bottom. A single instance of the filter swap is usually enough to make one once burned and twice smart.

Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
1) Always open an egg carton to make sure you don't buy broken eggs.
2) Always open an oil filter carton!

Great point, I do it instinctively. Shopping at my WMT where a person was stomped to death on a Black Friday sale teaches you to check everything in a box for the Switcheroo. It is the Switcheroo capital of the world...............

I always check the eggs and really anything that can be opened.
I make sure all caps are tight on bleach and soap jugs.
I don't trust the public.
But I love WalMart.

Originally Posted By: philipp10
Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
1) Always open an egg carton to make sure you don't buy broken eggs.
2) Always open an oil filter carton!

I NEVER open the egg carton....I can stand to lose 15 cents....lol

I don't care about the money, it's dealing with a rotting smashed egg in the fridge that sucks...

I remember how mad I was when we went to Toys R Us to buy a ride on toy for our little girl and we opened the box at home to find one that had been used for a few years by some really filthy people and then returned. My daughter was so excited when we were opening the box and then started to cry...of course, she still wanted to play with it, and we had to tell her daddy was running back to the store as fast as he could to get one that didn't look like it had been sitting in a cesspool for two years.

Last edited:
When I worked for an auto parts store in college we would all check the boxes at the checkout. I can't tell you how many times I found people swapping filters. We'd just ask them politely to step out of the checkout line, and grab a filter that matches the box :-D

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
I guess we need a sealed box with a window to stop the loser's..

That doesn't always work. Saw an orange can in a clear Bosch box at Wal-Mart last time I was there. Many Wal-Mart stores have their auto department in the back corner which makes this kind of stuff easy to get by with. So many dishonest people in the world.

I always check the filters before purchasing them. Alwys check to see if the oil bottle cap seal is broken or not broken too. Doesn't matter if inside Walmart - inside NAPA stores - inside any auto-parts store.

I check for switcheroooes on any item..... even soaps or even a cover-wrapped new umbrella I purchased this morning.

Originally Posted By: Onug
I don't know why anyone shops at Walmart anymore. I've had issues with buying oil there as have others. Not surprised about filters either. Is it a retail store or a fleemart? If jack wagons take the time to swap filters to save $2, what else in the store are they destroying? It's not worth my time or the risk.

Let me guess, you light your cigars with $100 bills?

A couple years back, me and my wife went a whole month avoiding Walmart to just see where our money went as an experiment. Guess what? We paid around $350 more in a month for our stuff shopping elsewhere than at Walmart. This was not high end capital purchases but the normal monthly consumables like food, toilet paper, dog food and etc..

So for saving $4200 a year, it is worth my time to shop at Walmart.

My WM had no XG4386's that weren't opened and handled, or another filter was in the box. Almost all the Bosch D+'s were switched. Self checkout makes it very easy for the thief.
Some years ago I bought peanut butter at the grocery store. At home I found the seal inside was lifted and someone took a finger full out. So now I open everything that can be and check. Just how a few people are in this brave new world.

Originally Posted By: gregk24
The ONE TIME I didn't check the Fram Ultra box I got home and pulled out an Orange Can when changing the oil on the Uplander. It made me so mad, the old oil filter was crushed already from removal so its not like I could just stick it back on. The Orange Can is fine, but I paid the extra money for an Ultra that I use for multiple OCI. So I paid more money for an Orange Can AND I have to take the time to get under the car and change it again this next OCI.

Oh goodness!! I would've been [censored]!!

The ONLY thing I buy at WM is oil. I go early in the morning, slip in and pay out at the garden section. The oil wall is right next to it.

We have Market32 (just a rebranded, modernized pricechopper) and its not much more expensive then WM but the quality and selection of groceries is WAY better. And its clean and organized. They also give 10-30cents off sunoco gas most of the time.

Originally Posted By: CrAlt
The ONLY thing I buy at WM is oil. I go early in the morning, slip in and pay out at the garden section. The oil wall is right next to it.

We have Market32 (just a rebranded, modernized pricechopper) and its not much more expensive then WM but the quality and selection of groceries is WAY better. And its clean and organized. They also give 10-30cents off sunoco gas most of the time.

I would bet paying at the garden center would certanly make the difference.Going early in the morning helps because all the crooked DIY'ers are still in bed.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Dallas69
I always check the eggs and really anything that can be opened.
I make sure all caps are tight on bleach and soap jugs.
I don't trust the public.
But I love WalMart.

I'm with you!
thumbsup2.gif

The level to which some people will stoop to show that they have absolutely no class never fails to amaze me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back