Oil Filter for 3.6L pentastar engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys with 3.6L pentastar engine.. what's the best filter we could use for our engine?

So far aside from the OEM mopar filters.. other choices are wix and purolator..

Which one is better between wix and purolator? Any other suggestions?

Amazon has the purolator filter for like $4 something each

The pentastar uses a drop in cartridge filter.

IIRC they don't have a ADBV or spring, it's basically just clip on media. So, pick whichever filter element seems to have more rigid media with media quality sufficient for your OCI.

I have used almost every single brand of cartridge filters on my dads ecotec and I have never seen the pleats warp on any of them. I don't think the Canister/Bath/Whatever is very high pressure.

Originally Posted By: Klotz1
I use the Wix in my Pentastar Challenger although to my surprise the Moper one from the Dodge dealer was cheaper?

dealership is charging me $11 something for the mopar filter... purolator filter on amazon is like $4 something each..

I just bought a Mopar one for $5.80 from the Dodge dealer here in MI? The prices are all over the map, kind of like gas..LOL!

I believe that has changed now and we can get oil filters through Amazon up here now. I haven't placed an order but most stuff I can get in the cart without the "We cannot ship to your address" message.

If you try it let me know how it goes, I may order some P1s when I need filters again.

I normally order through amazon.com and get it shipped to a US address.. its a 20-30minutes drive.. so its not bad!

@cp3 a lot of people here in Vancouver orders from the US and gets it shipped to either blaine wa or point roberts wa.. cross the border then come back
laugh.gif

I actually end up ordering the purolator filter from amazon and since i have amazon prime.. i get 2 day shipping included! its like $4 something each and i had to get 6 to since the minimum order to get it shipped is $25.. Hopefully these purolators are the same or a bit better than oem mopar filters! i checked my receipts and i was charged $12 one time and $11 for my last oil change service..

Good deal, they should work just fine for you.

Unfortunately I'm a bit farther from the border. I might try getting them shipped here with Amazon, if it's as smooth as RockAuto there won't be any problems.

Hopefully those purolator classic filters i ordered would work nicely on my engine and won't cause any problem
laugh.gif
Im doing 5k km intervals since that's what the dealership recommends and car is still under warranty..

Originally Posted By: mauric3
Hopefully those purolator classic filters i ordered would work nicely on my engine and won't cause any problem
laugh.gif
Im doing 5k km intervals since that's what the dealership recommends and car is still under warranty..

No problemo. Your car is obviously still pretty new if still under warranty, so the engine should be clean inside. Plus, 5K OCI isn't much and the Classic can handle it just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back