Fram Endurance FE11665 - 3.6L Pentastar

2020 pentastar have used mopar and mobil 1 filters ,have never had a twisted filter .
Factory Mopar with 500 miles

IMG_4503.jpeg

Mine never come out looking like that. Always pretty straight. I think I’ve only used ST filters on our pentast

ive always used MP10060 in our 3.6 pentastar and they haven’t twisted like that.
Pentastars don't use spin-on filters like the 10060, so you are mistaken here.

OP, what year Jeep 3.6 do you have? It's possible you're supposed to be using 10955 instead

Jee thanks for pointing that out. I think that’s the filter # for my ram actually but whatever. The supertech mp cartridge doesn’t twist like that in the pentastar.

Pentastars don't use spin-on filters like the 10060, so you are mistaken here.

OP, what year Jeep 3.6 do you have? It's possible you're supposed to be using 10955 instead
It’s a 2015 and uses the 11665, the 2 filters won’t go into each others housings. The 11665, with its price on the end with the o ring, is too long for a 10955 housing and the 10955 housing has the plastic center tube thing built in. And the 10955 won’t clip into the cap of a 11665 housing.

That is a common mistake tho cause only 2 years of the wrangler use the 10955. :)

It’s a 2015 and uses the 11665, the 2 filters won’t go into each others housings. The 11665, with its price on the end with the o ring, is too long for a 10955 housing and the 10955 housing has the plastic center tube thing built in. And the 10955 won’t clip into the cap of a 11665 housing.

That is a common mistake tho cause only 2 years of the wrangler use the 10955. :)

too bad the Maserati filter won't fit :sneaky:

Maserati uses a version of the Pentastar on most of their cars now. The filter looks similar to the Pentastar filter, but it's made by Purflux and has those wavy pleats that will keep the shape for the entire OCI. Unfortunately, the Maserati filter won't fit other Pentastars.

Here is a knockoff, but the genuine filter looks the same.

Having viewed many post use Pentastar cartridges here, as they are a relatively long cartridge some wave seems to be normal with these. That said, topic cartridge seems to appear almost twisted, or at the least 'excessive wave'. To the point on this one that the one endcap doesn't look parallel to the other. Seeing as it just a pic, I'll allow that observation could just be an optical illusion.

In any case, as other pics posted show, when it comes to the Pentastar others have had better pleat results. And the previously made in S Korea Fram Ultra Pentastar, a real favorite here.

Thanks for pics.

Back