Fram Endurance FE11665 - 3.6L Pentastar

Just showing a Fram Endurance FE11665 that was on a jeep 3.6l pentastar for 4000 miles. It is slightly twisted just like almost all other pentastar oil filters. The engine was running 5w30 Redline oil.

IMG_0272.jpeg
IMG_0274.jpeg
IMG_0273.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks exactly like the Amsoil EaO15K19 I just pulled out of my Grand Cherokee. Probably the same filter. Hecho en China.

The Fram, not the Champ.

Last edited:
Just showing a Fram Endurance FE11665 that was on a jeep 3.6l pentastar for 4000 miles. It is slightly twisted just like almost all other pentastar oil filters. The engine was running 5w30 Redline oil.

View attachment 178485View attachment 178486View attachment 178487
Mine never come out looking like that. Always pretty straight. I think I’ve only used ST filters on our pentast
So even the Endurance isn't strong enough to resist twisting :(

How does that compare to the Wix XP/Napa Platinum? :unsure:
ive always used MP10060 in our 3.6 pentastar and they haven’t twisted like that.

That twist is weird. I changed the oil in my new to me Ram Promaster with the 3.6 Pentastar the second time and both times the filter didn't look like that.

The first time I changed it at 240k miles, the filter had about 5k miles, unknown filter, but it was probably an Amazon China flavor. The filter was not twisted but it had a big tear the whole length of the filter where they glued the media together. I put in a Fram Extraguard and Pennzoil 5w20 and changed it after 8k miles. Perfect looking filter, no twist, no tears. I wish I took photos before throwing them on the burn pile.

Back