Oil: brand loyal or sale loyal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What ever is on sale or has a MIR. I have Valvoline Synpower, Mobil 1, Pennzoil Platinum, QSUD and Milesyn SXR in my current stash. I don't want to talk about my oil filters.

Sale loyal but I don't buy something I wouldn't want to use just because it's on sale. I still go for a top synthetic or a quality blend.

Sale.
My vehicles don't care if they have Castrol, Mobil, Valvoline, Pennzoil, Havoline, Quaker State, store brand, dino, blend, synthetic, high mileage.
Whatever name brand I get for cheap is what the vehicles gets.

Brand loyal. I've been through two 6 month periods where I would buy oil on sale but when I actually thought about how little I was saving...$50 per car per year. I realized I could afford the brand of oil I truly wanted.

I'm probably "brand loyal" in that I once owned a feed mill and I developed trust/relationships with suppliers. I stuck by them and remained loyal to those who had a history of taking care of me. I know it's a little different but I only buy oil from Amsoil/Schaeffer. I am loyal to those dealers/reps. Not really loyal to a "brand" but loyal to those "men". Of course it helps that they happen to have to of the "greatest" product lines readily available to me.

Sales loyal to M1 whenever Costco has it on sale.

You guys shouldn't commit motor oil adultery.
31.gif
One brand for life!
grin.gif

I used to be a loyal Valvoline customer. Now that I own 2 GDI vehicles, I really haven’t settled on one brand. I’ll look for sales on blends for the KIA. For the 2.0T Escape, I’m still looking for what works best. My first change in the Escape, I went with QSUD 5w30. I picked up some PP 5w30 for my second change. I’ll see how that runs and then I’ll try some Valvoline SynPower 5w30. Gas mileage recordings will make my final determination. My past experience with Valvoline was I got better gas mileage using it.

Originally Posted By: MParr
I used to be a loyal Valvoline customer. Now that I own 2 GDI vehicles, I really haven’t settled on one brand. I’ll look for sales on blends for the KIA. For the 2.0T Escape, I’m still looking for what works best. My first change in the Escape, I went with QSUD 5w30. I picked up some PP 5w30 for my second change. I’ll see how that runs and then I’ll try some Valvoline SynPower 5w30. Gas mileage recordings will make my final determination. My past experience with Valvoline was I got better gas mileage using it.

Just at my local Walmart today.

Other than a couple of affairs with Schaeffer’s in the past, I’m normally a M1 guy. Not so much anymore since I think there are better oils for the EB motor. I will stock up during a sale, but it doesn’t impact my buying habits. I won’t just buy something because it’s on sale.

I could give a [censored] about sales. I buy the oil that I think is best for my vehicles/equipment (see signature).

Last edited:
When and where are these clearances folks talk about for their “stashes?”

I needed a part today, so I went Advanced Auto, I didn’t see any of the crazy clearance prices people crow about. I walked every shelf just to make sure. Same old higher then WM prices as always.

There a hidden shelf or secret menu or something?

I think it is a regional thing to see the seasonal sale priced oil. Nowhere in Boise Idaho do I see these seasonal sales. BUT when the regional Napa here started selling the NAPA branded oil for $1 for synthetic blend or $2 full synthetic I suddenly became sale price buyer instead of brand buyer. I wouldn't have considered using a Valvoline oil before but at that price, Oh yeah, Napa labeled Valvoline for me please.

Sale loyal only.
Any namebrand except Castrol.
I have a bunch of free oil so I haven't paid for any oil in the last 3 yrs.
Having a stash helps but it can get out of hand.

Originally Posted By: MRtv
I think it is a regional thing to see the seasonal sale priced oil. Nowhere in Boise Idaho do I see these seasonal sales. BUT when the regional Napa here started selling the NAPA branded oil for $1 for synthetic blend or $2 full synthetic I suddenly became sale price buyer instead of brand buyer. I wouldn't have considered using a Valvoline oil before but at that price, Oh yeah, Napa labeled Valvoline for me please.

I’m curious how many clearance posts are a farce, and just attention seeking behavior because the verbal (mainly this site) community reinforces it. No different than rappers talking about how gangster they are, country singers singing about how country they are, and so forth.

I’ve spent the majority of my life in Texas, but have spent a few yrs in FL, IL, and WA – never once seen one of these blow out clearances. I’m not doubting all of them, but I’m cautiously skeptical. What’s the old saying, if it’s too good to be true, it probably is. I’ve seen talk about it, no proof. Maybe I just haven’t been around long enough.

Sale loyal.
Sorry Atex, hate to burst your sceptic bubble, but blowouts are very real.
Currently stocked up on a synthetic blend 15w40, Ford approved HD diesel oil for 1.85 a gallon. 30 gallons in the hole.
Just finished a stash of .99 a gallon 30 weight for the OPE this year.
Have 3 changes of full synthetic 0w20 ready for a fixed income family member.. 3 dollars and change a gallon.
The search used to be harder, but the sales and rebate threads became my eyes and ears a few years back. My wallet is grateful.

Originally Posted By: beanoil
Sale loyal.
Sorry Atex, hate to burst your sceptic bubble, but blowouts are very real.
Currently stocked up on a synthetic blend 15w40, Ford approved HD diesel oil for 1.85 a gallon. 30 gallons in the hole.
Just finished a stash of .99 a gallon 30 weight for the OPE this year.
Have 3 changes of full synthetic 0w20 ready for a fixed income family member.. 3 dollars and change a gallon.
The search used to be harder, but the sales and rebate threads became my eyes and ears a few years back. My wallet is grateful.

When? Where? You’re not bursting any bubbles without something other than story.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ATex7239

I’m curious how many clearance posts are a farce, and just attention seeking behavior because the verbal (mainly this site) community reinforces it. No different than rappers talking about how gangster they are, country singers singing about how country they are, and so forth.

I’ve spent the majority of my life in Texas, but have spent a few yrs in FL, IL, and WA – never once seen one of these blow out clearances. I’m not doubting all of them, but I’m cautiously skeptical. What’s the old saying, if it’s too good to be true, it probably is. I’ve seen talk about it, no proof. Maybe I just haven’t been around long enough.

Yes, this is a farce and I am just a rapper bragging about how gangsta' I am.

full-4879-2853-receipt.jpg

There are plenty of other posts with receipts for your proof (like this one, or this one) to show these things are real.
Apparently you look for proof as hard as you look for the clearances.

This post has proof of an e-pack I got from Walmart (6 gallons of oil for
If you don't believe it, fine, you don't have too and you can keep paying full price for your oil.
You apparently have not looked very hard at all for these deals (just look in this forum, see something posted, then as you are out an about doing things, stop by and see).
Sure some stores may not have it where you are, and you may not ever come across one, but they are out there in abundance.

And am I attention seeking, no, no more than you are with your constant negative and doubting attitude in every single post you make.
People get good deals on oil, they are on an oil site, they want to share with others that they too may be able to get the same good deal.

I may be bragging a little though.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: blupupher
Originally Posted By: ATex7239

Yes, this is a farce and I am just a rapper bragging about how gangsta' I am.

full-4879-2853-receipt.jpg

There are plenty of other posts with receipts for your proof (like this one, or this one) to show these things are real.
Apparently you look for proof as hard as you look for the clearances.

This post has proof of an e-pack I got from Walmart (6 gallons of oil for
If you don't believe it, fine, you don't have too and you can keep paying full price for your oil.
You apparently have not looked very hard at all for these deals (just look in this forum, see something posted, then as you are out an about doing things, stop by and see).
Sure some stores may not have it where you are, and you may not ever come across one, but they are out there in abundance.

And am I attention seeking, no, no more than you are with your constant negative and doubting attitude in every single post you make.
People get good deals on oil, they are on an oil site, they want to share with others that they too may be able to get the same good deal.

I may be bragging a little though.
grin2.gif

Right on. Bubble officially bursted.

Don’t get your feelings hurt just because I don’t take what people I’ve never met post online at face value. I don’t know if you’ve heard, but people embellish things. Shocker I know.

If that make me negative, so be it i guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back