Oil analysis in the Antipodes

Status
Not open for further replies.
G'day all,

Long time reader, recent member and first poster.

Had no idea where to put this, so here looked like as good a place as any. I'm sure I'll be set on fire if I'm wrong in any case.

For those of us living on the underside of the globe, has anyone got some experience with reasonable places to get a UOA done down under? There are a couple of places that pop up prominently in your average web search (one of them less than 10KM from home), however I can find no actual references to any or documented experience (good or otherwise).

Like most things, the price appears to be between 3 & 6 times what our US friends pay, but then we're used to paying $100 for 5L of Mobil 1 5W30, so it's all relative.

Cheers!

Maybe shipping kills it. And USPS won't accept it for airmail if they find out it's oil. A boat ride could take a long time.

Originally Posted By: asiancivicmaniac
Maybe shipping kills it. And USPS won't accept it for airmail if they find out it's oil. A boat ride could take a long time.

I was under the impression that motor oil is not classified as a dangerous substance by the USPS? Blackstone even has a form letter that states this.

The post office around here has a big sign listing motor oil as a hazardous material and something about airlines not accepting them for airmail. The list on the USPS site doesn't specifically say motor oil but the half of the items are fire hazards. They even included perfume on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back