***Official Member Picture Thread***

PXL_20231028_202747706.MP~2(1).jpg

Trip to the Final Weekend of This Year's Ohio Renaissance Festival.

I know I look like a big fat something or other... but I'm actually down I don't know how many Lbs, and 2 Pants sizes since the end of August
Turns out all i had to do to lose weight was become Diabetic!
in all seriousness...I've not been able to wear that kilt for years, and couldn't until the last month or so... if anything it's almost too big now....
the photo of the 2 of us up a bit in this thread was a couple days before i got Diagnosed as a Type 2 Diabetic, my A1C was a tad high at 12..
i was wearing 50 In waists at the time, i'm now down to 46's.... any smaller and I'll have to buy new pants, 46 is as small as my back catalog goes....

Last edited:
Turns out all i had to do to lose weight was become Diabetic!
If the blood sugar level stays high for a prolonged period because of high insulin resistance and/or because the pancreas doesn't make enough insulin, the cells in the body cannot uptake the good glucose and use it for fuel. Instead, the body will cannibalize and metabolize muscle tissue and body fat. In addition, the kidneys will work overtime and attempt to flush out as much glucose as possible which is risky and can cause severe kidney damage. That's where the sudden weight loss comes from in uncontrolled diabetes. I hope you get this under control and make the necessary changes.

If the blood sugar level stays high for a prolonged period because of high insulin resistance and/or because the pancreas doesn't make enough insulin, the cells in the body cannot uptake the good glucose and use it for fuel. Instead, the body will cannibalize and metabolize muscle tissue and body fat. In addition, the kidneys will work overtime and attempt to flush out as much glucose as possible which is risky and can cause severe kidney damage. That's where the sudden weight loss comes from in uncontrolled diabetes. I hope you get this under control and make the necessary changes.
They started me on farxiga... since then I run 90-120 on average... after I got the meter, but before the insurance approved the Farxiga, I was running 200-240....
I was also using zyn Nicotine pouches... not realizing that nicotine increases insulin resistance...
So I double did it to myself....
So I'm sure I was pleasant to be around those first couple weeks... quitting Nicotine and sugar at the same time...

Last edited:
Hey I was there too! No pictures to share though, I didnt bring my phone in with me.
It wouldn't have done you much good anyway, aside from being used as a camera... txts between members of my party were taking 20 min to go through....
strong 5G signal, just too many people, not enough bandwidth....

as we were walking out to the car around 4, I saw someone left their phone, in a mount on their dash, plugged in, google maps still up and running...I wanna say it was a Prius? but i wasn't paying THAT close of attention....

You resemble what I imagine a younger vava looked like since we never see his mug.
Contemporary mugshots are unavailable. I got a dripping-with-blood foot picture I'd love to share but I haven't found any takers so far. You would be impressed.

Back