Nov 7th: Gas Went Up 30 Cents a Gallon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the economy or jobs werent the most important thing to voters....which they told those polling those statistics.They obviously voted the straight ticket,along party lines,and didnt surprise anybody.When our debt doubles again,and unemployment hits 10%,they can only blame themselves.(and they will all be driving $40K electric cars that blow up when wet).

$2.99 to $3.09 here in KC. Futures up 10¢ yesterday, down 10¢ today along with the Dow 30 down 300+ points. Oil was down $4 today. Up $3 yesterday. Crazy Man Crazy.

Originally Posted By: surfstar
RUN OUT AND BUY YOUR GUNS AND GAS BEFORE ITS ALL GONE!!!

Do you guys realize how you sound?

Everyone is driving to Walmart to buy guns...makes sense fuel demand is up.......

Here in NYC you are now facing 2 hr or 1 hr depending on a lucky connection. I saw them change fron $3.89 to $4.29 in front of us. It is now snowing this is this weeks storm. Next week I hope we do not get snow. The week after who knows?? Many still have no power in the stations and in the homes. Temp. is in 30,s really nice when will it stop??

Crude was down today, as was the market.

but Sandy impacted refining through-put...that's going to raise prices at the pump, regardless of who won the election...

Originally Posted By: Astro14

but Sandy impacted refining through-put...that's going to raise prices at the pump, regardless of who won the election...

The EIA weekly report today showed gasoline inventories were up 2.9 million barrels. Isnt a supply issue except on the east coast

Yesterday's results weren't particularly unexpected; I'd say this hiccup is a short term attempt to manipulate the market on a Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt platform that will blow over in next to no time.

Also if others are getting gas for $2.99 the Northeast is lagging on this price cut.
mad.gif

Originally Posted By: Bluestream

Note how gas $ is linked to crude oil $ ? I'd like to see how an AMERICAN president could 'fix' that. OPEC = yes those guys can price fix.

Oil prices are set on the spot market, not by OPEC

Oil prices are mostly set by the front month futures contract.

Originally Posted By: Astro14

Crude was down over 4% today, and the light sweet crude index is down 13% since mid September. I doubt the blip in gas prices in certain parts of the country has anything to do with rising crude oil prices, because they've been tanking.

RUN OUT AND BUY YOUR GUNS AND GAS BEFORE ITS ALL GONE!!!

Do you guys realize how you sound?

My thoughts exactly. Why do a lot of Americans seem proud to be overly reactionary and shortsighted on complex topics?

Originally Posted By: 08_SHELBY
Yep. Went from 3.09 to 3.49 here in Indiana. I smell a big rat

Gas has been leveraged recently, in hopes of more drilling, thus cheaper prices. That leverage is now wrong, so up goes the gas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back