Non fat Greek yogurt vs whole milk Greek yogurt🤔

Hello again folks. What is the general consensus on no fat Greek yogurt vs plain whole milk Greek yogurt? I personally use Chobani non fat Greek plain yogurt. Thank You in advance

Highest fat percentage I can find and I prefer the Greek Gods and Fage brands over pretty much any others.

1. Bulgarian...for the unique probiotics...world class.

2. Plain Redwood Hill Goat Milk Yogurt...merely 5 grams of sugar per 3/4ths cup serving.

I like whole milk non-Greek yogurt. Greek yogurt seems to have a weird after taste and texture to me. I buy the whole milk non-Greek plain yogurt.

I always try to weigh it for a serving amazing how fast it adds up if you dont.
170 grams
20210719_053929.jpg

2% Fage are what several recipes call for so that's what I typically get. I be get the small containers so kind of built in portion control.

Greek yogurt is strained yogurt with most of the whey removed. I buy a large tub of plain regular fat Mountain High brand and strain the contents through a large coffee filter resting in a sieve placed over a pot. After 12 hours most of the whey has been drained. There's your "Greek yogurt. I usually scoop out a cup of product and add some berries or fruit. For a creamier dessert I blend the strained yogurt with a little heavy cream and berries.

Last edited:
So if I’m trying to lose weight which I am still and succeeding; is no fat Greek better than whole milk Greek? Thank You sir
If I was cutting and was for years honestly I never touched the stuff that much. If I was to use it in a cutting or weight loss you have to learn portion size. Most people and everyone is guilty of it ohh it's a spoonful I just have a bowl full if I were to bet its 2 to 3 times as much as a serving size it's why I use a scale for high calorie or carb loaded food items like Oatmeal peanut butter and nuts are a great example people way over eat it and them numbers stack up fast it's still all about being in a calorie deficit at the end of the day.

So if I’m trying to lose weight which I am still and succeeding; is no fat Greek better than whole milk Greek? Thank You sir
For the same quantity the nonfat plain white variety will have less than half the calories and a little bit less carbs, making it the better choice if weightloss is your priority.

Last edited:
Some of you make yogurt I think(?)

EASY. Well if you have an Instant Pot. Pour 1/2 gallon of organic 1% milk in, mix starter yogurt* with full fat milk, make sure pretty much dissolved. Pour this in with other milk, pop lid on (no pressure) push yogurt button, set 12 hours. Go. Ladle into quart mason jars. Lid and pop in fridge. Lasts a long time if not eaten first. Not too sour, just right.

To turn Greek, gently strain through cheese cloth and hang for short or long depending how thick you want.

NOW see I answered the question, I do a mix and end up with the BEST. Tastes FULL fat, but is what 2.5-3% at most.

*Starter = 1-2 cups yogurt with NOTHING BUT MILK AND CULTURE. You cannot use the crap with gelatin, etc thickeners. Look at the brands.

Back