Non ethanol gas at gas station

In this area of southern Vermont, several Sunoco stations have zero ethanol premium. But it is 91 octane, whereas the common octane for premium around here is 93

I buy 2 gal/year for 2 cycle mix.
This covers my blower, 2 weedeaters, chainsaw, and snowblower.
It is in that price range around me. I figure that it is not going to break me.
Glad Sheetz came into the market, so that there is ready access for it.
Beats driving 30 miles each way to get it.

Typically pump E0 is the base fuel for high octane before they put the 10% ETOH in at the terminal. So it'll be around 90 octane, a couple points less than what you get for high-test.

If you like it, buy it, try to get some economy of scale going. As a niche product it's occupying a tank, and maintaining those is expensive.

Most stations that carry E0 here in northern Maine are about $1 more/gallon. I use it for small engines OPE. As well as for storage of seasonal vehicles/equipment during the off season.

I've opened up too many carbs to find water/goo in them.

This is a mechanical fuel pump from a GM gasoline inboard. I put a block off plate on it and now run an electric fuel pump.

Had the consistency of sour cream.
20220827_162455.jpg
20220827_162501.jpg

I have been noticing fewer stations selling every grade as e-free. (One has converted to only 87 octane as either with or without ethanol)

90 octane is a dead grade with or without ethanol in this region. 92/93 is very rare

Most stations that carry E0 here in northern Maine are about $1 more/gallon. I use it for small engines OPE. As well as for storage of seasonal vehicles/equipment during the off season.

I've opened up too many carbs to find water/goo in them.

This is a mechanical fuel pump from a GM gasoline inboard. I put a block off plate on it and now run an electric fuel pump.

Had the consistency of sour cream.
View attachment 214079View attachment 214080
How did you wire it so the electric fuel pump stops should the engine stall? I had looked for a previous boat and did not see any marine rated relays that would stop the fuel pump if the engine stalled but would still run it for 10 to 20 seconds when the key was first turned on. I went back to a mechanical fuel pump.

There is a growing chain of gas stations in my area called Quiktrip, They have E0 readily available for about $1 over 87, plus a really good layout. My weekend commute usually starts there for gas, coffee, etc

In this area of southern Vermont, several Sunoco stations have zero ethanol premium. But it is 91 octane, whereas the common octane for premium around here is 93
Hyvee and Casey's sell 91 E0 Octane here. It to is pricey. 85 cents more than 87 octane E10. Used it some in the Maverick when it was only 50 cents more dear. Results were 2-4 mpg more. And the hybrid ran smoother and friskier

Back