Nokian Entyres: how are them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: chrisri

Hmm, i actually have TWO sets of WR D3, one in 185/60 r14 and one in 195/65 r15. Bigger size was , this past winter, on my van and they performed superb in couple of blizzards in Slovenia.

Motor und Sport rated them above T850, Ultra grip , etc. Actually they rated WR D3 best. Admittedly test was performed in 2013, but successor the WR D4 is rated highly as well. Compared with Alpin 5 I really can't see much difference except price wise.
Cheers.

I had them on BMW 525d xDrive, and in ice they were horrid.
As for Alpin, I was never big fan of Michelin snow tires in Europe. Will see this winter how Latitude X-ice Xi2 behaves on BMW here in the U.S.

JWT (Jack Williams Tire) has a buy 4 get 1 free on the 2.0 Entyre to the end of this month.

Thinking of getting a set for my VW GTI. We have Vatiiva's on a Ford Ranger and Rotiiva's on a Jeep Liberty and have been very happy with them.

Originally Posted By: edyvw

Hmm, i actually have TWO sets of WR D3, one in 185/60 r14 and one in 195/65 r15. Bigger size was , this past winter, on my van and they performed superb in couple of blizzards in Slovenia.

Motor und Sport rated them above T850, Ultra grip , etc. Actually they rated WR D3 best. Admittedly test was performed in 2013, but successor the WR D4 is rated highly as well. Compared with Alpin 5 I really can't see much difference except price wise.
Cheers.

As for Alpin, I was never big fan of Michelin snow tires in Europe. Will see this winter how Latitude X-ice Xi2 behaves on BMW here in the U.S.

Yeah, I haven't tried D3 in ice conditions but, as you said, they would not performed well. They are not hard core winter tyre. They work well in fresh snow and wet/dry. I wouldn't want them in Scandinavia or Bosnia or NA. Same goes for Alpin 5. Good for rain and dry and occasional snow that would be cleaned the next day. That's it. Still better than All Season.

Originally Posted By: edyvw

Cheers.

Yeah, I haven't tried D3 in ice conditions but, as you said, they would not performed well. They are not hard core winter tyre. They work well in fresh snow and wet/dry. I wouldn't want them in Scandinavia or Bosnia or NA. Same goes for Alpin 5. Good for rain and dry and occasional snow that would be cleaned the next day. That's it. Still better than All Season.

I got for X5 now Michelin Latitude Xi2. They were on sale, got four tires for $550. I might get Nokian Hakka R2 for wife's Tiguan this winter. People have mostly positive reviews about them, and anyway I need at least one car equipped with hard core tires. So we will see.

OK, guys,
about 100-150 miles update.

Momma says they're more quiet than the coopers (zeon RS3-A). So I'm With Satin silver on that....
No more wheel bearing sound,
so will check back when rain season starts + more miles.

These tires are being sold rather inexpensively on Amazon.

All I can say is the tires run fine and are quiet but are not at all durable as advertised as I purchased the 70k model. After 32k of driving these are around 4/32.

I am coming to the conclusion it is best to purchase my tires at discount tire and take advantage of their generous proration policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back