Tire Choices/ Ideas?

The toy car is going to need some new shoes and doing a quick search I like these 4 options. Car does about 90% of just city driving and occasional long trip. The car currently has the Kumho TA31 tires nothing to complaint about them just wonder if any of the 3 choices is a better tire.

Located in the mid west so snow, rain are the top priorities.

Attachments

• IMG_3227.JPG
    IMG_3227.JPG
    185 KB · Views: 50
Car does about 90% of just city driving and occasional long trip. The car currently has the Kumho TA31 tires nothing to complaint about them just wonder if any of the 3 choices is a better tire.

Co-worker had the Ventus S1 Noble on his Civic Si. He couldn't get out of the work parking lot when it was a dusting, seriously. With a slight running start he made it over the speed bump but then not to the road.
1702742322710.jpg

If you have been happy with the TA31 then rock it again. I would get either Nokian WRG4, Altimax 365AW, Bridgestone WeatherPeak, Toyo Celsius, GY WeatherReady. A bunch of friends and family are very happy with the Michelin CC2, I personally prefer non directional so I can cross rotate but reviews are very good for the CC2.

The GY WeatherReady I had were some of the noisiest tires I ever had. Mine had an issue with sidewall cap/ply separating that was covered under warranty. The replacement winter ones I got instead have balance issues. I'm not a GY fan from my experiences BUT others are and those are 3PMSF

General Altimax RT45.

I have the previous gen RT43s in that same size and wet & dry performance is still great after 30k miles.

The toy car is going to need some new shoes and doing a quick search I like these 4 options. Car does about 90% of just city driving and occasional long trip. The car currently has the Kumho TA31 tires nothing to complaint about them just wonder if any of the 3 choices is a better tire.

I just put some Bridgestone alenza ultra a/s on and love them
michelin cross climate are great too
since you have such a small size you might as well get the best since the price difference is so small

The Nokian One is an excellent all-season touring tire. It handles well due to the Aramid (i.e., Kevlar) sidewalls, rides quietly and compliantly (like a Michelin) and has plenty of deep sipes in the tread to grip snow and channel away water. I put a set on a friend's Honda last January and he claims it is the best tire he has ever owned in over 40 years of driving.

The Nokian One is an excellent all-season touring tire. It handles well due to the Aramid (i.e., Kevlar) sidewalls, rides quietly and compliantly (like a Michelin) and has plenty of deep sipes in the tread to grip snow and channel away water. I put a set on a friend's Honda last January and he claims it is the best tire he has ever owned in over 40 years of driving.
I like the Nokian One that a friend has but no snow experience with it.

On the Nokian Website they list it as all season but doesn't say snow. The description does say "light snow". I would probably trust it to be better than other all season tires but not on par with their all weather versions.
1702788292400.png

OP listed snow as a high priority. There are some all seasons that perform well in snow. I look at the amount of zig-zag sipes the true winter tires have for more biting edges and then compare to the 3PMSF and all seasons. Below is the stock Bridgestone all season vs Conti WinterContact Si. Wife almost wrecked the Pilot with the Bridgestones in first unexpected snow. It couldn't stop going down the hills and wouldn't go up the other side. Pilot was less than 1 week old, she wanted to return it and get her Sequoia back. Put the snows on it and she was happy.
pilot tire winter.jpg

slacktide_bitog comes through with timely information for the OP:

New Kumho HA-32 All Weather Tire

Walmart already carries the HA31 at a good price, but for those who don't like WM but still want an affordable name-brand all-weather tire, the HA32 will be a good choice.

I suspect that HA31 might be a WM-exclusive in the US, as WM is the only mainstream US site that actually has it, other than Simpletire and other sites that sometimes have non-US market tires. The HA31 could continue to be WM-only even after the HA32 comes out, as Walmart already does this with Kumho's LX Platinum :unsure:

Back