Nissan Frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by JTK
^ Nice. I haven't happened across any concerns with this Jatco 5spd auto. I'm guessing, like the whole truck, it's technology that's been around for awhile. Things I actually like in a truck.

One of the reasons I went with the Frontier over the Tacoma was due to the transmission. It's more precise and doesn't hunt for gears. However, there is one aspect of this transmission I don't like and that is the shift into O/D around 35-40mph. This is when the transmission goes into O/D. From that point you have give it a lot of gas to get it to downshift. I live in a heavily populated area and the majority of where I drive is unfortunately in that 35-45mph range. I solved this problem by turning O/D off now unless I'm on the highway. MUCH better.

Frontier is the truck of choice for landscaping and pool service pros out in my neck of the woods. Usually in white or silver. I have rented a Frontier when I needed a truck for a few days. I found it to be a solid, no frills truck that suited me fine.

There is literally nothing to get excited about on a Frontier. Also nothing to worry about on it. If you like the size, style, interior, and price, then it's the perfect truck for you. Seems like 22k buys a nice used 2017-2018 4x4. Quite the bargain compared to a Tacoma.

Someone brought back an oldie thread here, but as an update, it's been almost 2yrs since the FIL bought his ex rental 2017 Frontier SV crew cab 4x4 long bed. It's been perfect. I believe I had some other threads on it, some simple mods I did for him, etc. Nice truck.

I was going to do the rear diff breather mod, but I don't plan on keeping my truck more than 3 years and while under warranty I'd rather not mess with it.

Originally Posted by dareo
There is literally nothing to get excited about on a Frontier. Also nothing to worry about on it. If you like the size, style, interior, and price, then it's the perfect truck for you. Seems like 22k buys a nice used 2017-2018 4x4. Quite the bargain compared to a Tacoma.

Right. The Toyota would have been worth it to me if the engine/transmission were better matched. It's just a very unpleasant truck to drive daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back