New Purolator Oil Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it's now been over two years since all these posts. What is the latest opinions on Purolator filters? Like to see if these OPs opinions have stayed the same or changed. What's been learned? I had been away from BITOG for some time and missed all these Purolator concerns. I guess I was lucky that I haven't used any Purolator filters in many years. Just thought it would be nice to update on the original post to see any changes and updates.

No changes or updates.

Purolators are still tearing.
Purolator still fails to respond to any e-mails.
Purolator still fails to acknowledge a problem.
Purolator still fails to address the problem.

Purolator still fails.

Originally Posted By: blupupher
No changes or updates.

Purolator still fails.

This is true. You can add cut ADBVs too.

Originally Posted By: WellOiled
Originally Posted By: blupupher
No changes or updates.

Purolator still fails.

This is true. You can add cut ADBVs too.

Don’t forget swiftly deleting any mention of the above from their BookOfFace.

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
Don’t forget swiftly deleting any mention of the above from their BookOfFace.

That's pretty bad ... trying to cover up the truth says a lot.

Has this tearing been on spin-on and e-core filters? How many has one person found? Have they been reported on each model of their filters including The BOSS? Just trying to wrap my head around how this has become an epidemic for Purolator. I have a BOSS filter on our Accord; I'll have to cut it open at the next O.C.

The Boss doesn't have media tearing issues because it's backed full synthetic media. However, it's not very good efficiency.

Efficiency compared to? Have filter ratings changed? WIX isn't very good for WIX XP? Fram Ultra is a great looking filter but their lesser filters look like [censored]! They seem built for cost-savings. Once again, how many torn filters do you have on file? We all know how one report can explode into it's own life. Just trying to make sure we don't have Purolator-haters making this bigger than it is. If it's a big problem, than I will believe it. Sorry to be a pain but just want to make sure I'm not following a conspiracy.

Originally Posted By: vwalburn
Has this tearing been on spin-on and e-core filters?

Ecore filters are not manufactured by Purolator. Ecore filters are manufactured by Champion Laboratories.

Ecore filter damage noted in first generation ecore filters was termed square window failure for media tearing against the polymer cage center tube, not tearing of pleats near the fiber end caps. I have not seen a c&p of a second generation ecore showing any tears. There were some pics of cartridge filters with polymer center cage showing media being cut into but not quite through during service.

Efficiency compared to? Have filter ratings changed? WIX isn't very good for WIX XP? Fram Ultra is a great looking filter but their lesser filters look like [censored]! They seem built for cost-savings. Guess you better do some more reading to catch up ... lots has transpired over the last 3~4 years.

Compared to other filters on the market, based on their ISO 4548-12 testing.

Once again, how many torn filters do you have on file? We all know how one report can explode into it's own life. Just trying to make sure we don't have Purolator-haters making this bigger than it is. If it's a big problem, than I will believe it. Sorry to be a pain but just want to make sure I'm not following a conspiracy.

Here ya go ... this is just a now partial list of just the reported failures on this site. The spreadsheet was orignally created by member Stu_rock but he didn't keep it up for very long, and nobody else took it over to keep reporting failures up through today. Probably 2 or 3 times more failed filters were reported than what's shown on the spreadsheet - LINK

If you want to track down every thread of where those spreadsheet filters were reported, look in the spreadsheet column on who reported it, then go find their post history in the oil filter forum and do some reading.

Once again, how many torn filters do you have on file? We all know how one report can explode into it's own life. Just trying to make sure we don't have Purolator-haters making this bigger than it is. If it's a big problem, than I will believe it. Sorry to be a pain but just want to make sure I'm not following a conspiracy.
Purolator filter holes are a real, too-frequent issue. Not just a conspiracy. Read a bunch of threads and look at the evidence, and remember, the Purolators and Motorcrafts cut open are randomly given to BITOG people, and they just happen to show holes in them, unlike other brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back