New Microgard oil filters at Oreillys

Interesting. Options are always good, especially if the quality is there.

Looked up two applications that I'm familiar with, and both are cartridge style filters. The MSL57041 & MSL57327 are both made in Vietnam (printed on the end caps).

They don’t seem bad for the price. The Honda filter msl57356 looks really nice and has a captured gasket like the Oem Honda filter. When I get paid Friday, I’m going to order the cartridge for my 09 corolla, so I’ll post pictures then

I picked one up for my 3.5 Ecoboost last week, looks like a quality filter. I haven't used it yet. I've been using Wix, just like sampling different filters sometimes.

Yes sir you are correct they are essentially a purolator one with a different coating and a microgard label on it from what i hear. The only reason i know this is i work at an O'reilly's and always like to know what i am selling. Personally i think its a decent filter for the price i especially appreciate the anti slip coating on the outside. I am going to try this on my 2007 suburban and see how i like it as a cheaper alternative to the wix.

Yes sir you are correct they are essentially a purolator one with a different coating and a microgard label on it from what i hear. The only reason i know this is i work at an O'reilly's and always like to know what i am selling. Personally i think its a decent filter for the price i especially appreciate the anti slip coating on the outside. I am going to try this on my 2007 suburban and see how i like it as a cheaper alternative to the wix.
I’d like to see one cut open. Doesn’t surprise me since they’re both the same company

This new Microgard select filter has an appearance extremely similar to a Premium Guard made filter.

The textured can is exactly like the PG filters made for Federated Auto parts and the black STP XL filters made for AutoZone. I will find a picture of the Federated Auto parts XL filter that will show the similar look.

Attachments

• orly_msl51358_202_ang_primary.jpg
    orly_msl51358_202_ang_primary.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 111
This new Microgard select filter has an appearance extremely similar to a Premium Guard made filter.

The textured can is exactly like the PG filters made for Federated Auto parts and the black STP XL filters made for AutoZone. I will find a picture of the Federated Auto parts XL filter that will show the similar look.
The rounded o-ring style gasket is a dead giveaway, I’ve never seen a Pure One with that.

Has anyone else seen these new Microgard select oil filters? They have a silicone adbv and seal and at good for 10k and have an efficiency of 99% at 25 microns. Seem to be a dollar cheaper than the standard Wix. They look to be a Purolator One clone
A common size (PH7317 size) is $9.49 here-that’s not going to cut it, that’s more than an Ultra (for a Chinese synthetic blend filter)! They normally only have a 10K mile rating as well.

A common size (PH7317 size) is $9.49 here-that’s not going to cut it, that’s more than an Ultra (for a Chinese synthetic blend filter)! They normally only have a 10K mile rating as well.
The ultra is over kill if you’re only doing 5-10k oci IMO. Synthetic blend is more than good enough for that. 15-20k oci is where full synthetic filters shine

They’re slightly different than the premium guard variant

No it seems they are not different... The specs are dead on match.... Black textured can is a PG feature. Even the mentioned " extended life" on the new Microgard is on every PG made filter whether it be from Federated Auto or AZ or their own branded filter.

Back