New Hurricane possibly forming (Lee)

Greater than 90% chance. Great, just great...

Projected path to the Caribbean and maybe the SE US or, if we are lucky, just goes out to sea after the Caribbean.

Last edited:
This is day 7 high temp forecast… This would show a trough in the eastern US.

Which leads me to think this storm could be pushed on a curve well off the east coast or… deflected south and westward in to Florida and the Gulf of Mexico.

A LOT can change past 5 days out in a storm track. We will see. Though I have to admit that the cooler temps in the eastern US makes me feel better for now.

Attachments

• IMG_0346.gif
    IMG_0346.gif
    11.9 KB · Views: 7
Looking stronger and definitely seems to be heading to the Caribbean right now.

Looking stronger and definitely seems to be heading to the Caribbean right now.

I am telling you you again that beyond 5 plus days… it’s a very often a crap shoot where a storm will go.

That fish storm is a LONG, LONG way away from the Caribbean Sea right now.

Ohh for funzies.. I looked at The latest GFS run and it has it going well north of the Caribbean Sea and it being recurved like Franklin was. . . By day 5-6…

Will see if that happens. Or not.

Way, way, way too early just yet to know what it will do.

Greater than 90% chance. Great, just great...

Projected path to the Caribbean and maybe the SE US or, if we are lucky, just goes out to sea after the Caribbean.

Keep up the good work. Although I live in the mountains of British Columbia
, far from hurricanes, I have a daughter that lives in Bermuda and have relatives in Florida.

Last edited:
Current model:

I agree, way to early to know.

Nonetheless, doesn't hurt to be aware of what's happening out there in case you might be on a cruising vacation later this week or next!

I agree about being aware and paying attention.

I always pay attention…. Been doing so for almost 40 years.

I also have hurricane climatology knowledge that 99.8 percent of people don’t have. I also understand how these computer models work and have been using them for 20 years now too.

That’s a reason why I have street cred for on here with this.

Funny how that is so similar to the GFS…

And it matches up with the high temp graphic I put on here… A couple of well timed troughs and cold fronts in the eastern US may, may recurve it out to sea.

Time will tell… again 5 days through 10 days out there is a LOT of margin of error. And it’s understandable why that os the case.

I agree about being aware and paying attention.

I always pay attention…. Been doing so for almost 40 years.

I also have hurricane climatology knowledge that 99.8 percent of people don’t have. I also understand how these computer models work and have been using them for 20 years now too.
you sure label your self an expert.
I pay attention too.

main point you made that is valid is the storm itself is a long way away and alot of things can happen before

They are gonna happen. They have been since the beginning of time.
Funny that I was thinking this before I saw your post. I know it's fun watching these things but nothing to get upset about storms in the Atlantic Ocean thousands of miles away.
If we didnt have hurricanes the world would not exist.

Back