New Honda Snowthrower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just took ownership of a Honda single-stage snowthrower with a 5hp engine. Suggested oil weight is 5w30 so I'm planning to use some of the same Mobil 1 5w30 I currently buy for my Maxima.
Until now I've been using Seafoam as fuel stabilizer/fuel system cleaner in my small engines (lawnmower) successfully but I was wondering if there are any other better fuel stabilizers/cleaners out there for these engines.
I've been trying to find information about the chermical composition of these products but I haven't been successful. Does anybody knows what these products are all about?

Going by what I've heard here, Fuel Power is some pretty powerful s**t. I've never used it, but I've never heard anything but good things about it. I'm going to be testing it soon with before/after pics in a lawnmower engine - see my post in the additives section.

Good luck with that nifty new snow flinger.
cheers.gif

If you do a forum search using the word "Seafoam" you'll find a thread which discusses its composition.

Seems to work OK but some have complained its waaay overpriced for what you are actually getting.

For the money, it's hard to beat Schaeffer Neutra #131. About $12-15 per gallon depending who you get it from, S&H, etc ...

Todays highly unstable fuels need all the help they can get.
rolleyes.gif

The Mobil 1 should be fine but it's formulated thin so watch the level carefully at first until you establish oil consumption patterns.

--- Bror Jace

Believe it or not, this year I will be impatiently awaiting for the first snowfall of the season
grin.gif

I was hoping to use something I could get locally. Most places have Sta-bil and something similar from B&S. I'm just not a big fan of Sta-bil.
I also think Seafoam is somewhat expensive. But for me, it is really easy to get since I have a NAPA store pretty close by. I like the convinience of getting the stuff locally.
I'll check Neutra 131. At that price, it may be worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back